lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Picking up a stock 2014 Precedent. What to upgrade first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
Gonna wait till I officially pick it up. Actually found another cart. It's a 2014 PE1449 serial. Same price minus the back seat and headlight tail lights but it already has the Level 4 speed code. Just add a back seat, voltage reducer and a full street light kit. 19mph can get me by for now. They want $3200 for it. Late build 2014 with the ERIC charging system and no OBC if I've done my research right.
The other one is a better buy. The cost of the speed code is roughly $100 through any dealer. The seat, reducer and light kit are probably closer to $500. I thought ERIC was standard on all 2014 carts.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
The other one is a better buy. The cost of the speed code is roughly $100 through any dealer. The seat, reducer and light kit are probably closer to $500. I thought ERIC was standard on all 2014 carts.
Funny you said that. The guy with the back seat one finally messaged me back just now. It's a PE1444. Both late year builds. ERIC is standard after 09/13 I believe.
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #13
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't be suckered in by the 19mph Speed Code 4. All it does is raise the top speed which is pretty much worthless if you really want to do a lift with bigger tires, get mid 20's and maintain torque. The bigger tires and SC4 will pretty much get you the mid 20's but acceleration and hill climbing ability (torque) will suffer.

2 dudes, ammo and gear along with taller tires will kill the performance of stock setup. I lived with mine for over a year before doing the upgrades in my signature. I'd drop to 8mph on the hills. Even with stock height tires, I can now get into the low 20's with excellent acceleration and **** strong hill holding ability. It does slow on the steepest ones but those are pushing 25% grade.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #14
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Don't be suckered in by the 19mph Speed Code 4. All it does is raise the top speed which is pretty much worthless if you really want to do a lift with bigger tires, get mid 20's and maintain torque. The bigger tires and SC4 will pretty much get you the mid 20's but acceleration and hill climbing ability (torque) will suffer.

2 dudes, ammo and gear along with taller tires will kill the performance of stock setup. I lived with mine for over a year before doing the upgrades in my signature. I'd drop to 8mph on the hills. Even with stock height tires, I can now get into the low 20's with excellent acceleration and **** strong hill holding ability. It does slow on the steepest ones but those are pushing 25% grade.
Yeah I'm going to keep with my original plan. Green cart with controller, solenoid and cable upgrade.

Feel like I'm going back and forth. Trying to make a first time purchase the right way without wasting money. Reading as much as I can and getting info from the sellers.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #15
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
Yeah I'm going to keep with my original plan. Green cart with controller, solenoid and cable upgrade.

Feel like I'm going back and forth. Trying to make a first time purchase the right way without wasting money. Reading as much as I can and getting info from the sellers.
I know exactly what you mean but a wise man once told me that you can get paralysis from over analysis on this stuff!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #16
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean but a wise man once told me that you can get paralysis from over analysis on this stuff!
Totally agree with that. Unfortunately I suffer from impulsiveness and over thinking. Double whammy. Keeping with option 1. 😉

$3200, late 14' build with back seat and head light/tail lights. Supposedly light use and strong batteries. Taking my volt meter to be safe. Think it's a pretty good deal from all the digging I've done.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #17
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Gregorio, yep I went through all 1050 pages of posts, didn't read them all.

Now I am paralyzed from the head down. Seems I am not very wise!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car