lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #1
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Ultimate turn signal upgrade issue

Installed ultimate turn signal upgrade per instructions.
Everything works how ever noticed with head light switch off and applying brakes head light bar lights.
Please someone who has seen this issue, Please advise.
aviator160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ultimate turn signal upgrade issue

I noticed you have an LED headlight. Does it illuminate brightly or is it dim? Also, when the headlights are on, do the brake lights illuminate or just the tail lights?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
I noticed you have an LED headlight. Does it illuminate brightly or is it dim? Also, when the headlights are on, do the brake lights illuminate or just the tail lights?
Just checked and the LED headlight is dim when it comes on when the brake is engaged with the light switch in the off position. The brake lights work properly with the light switch on and both tail lights and brake lights.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is an issue with some LED rear light assemblies, you are getting +12v back-feeding on the brown wire when +12v power is applied to the brake/turn-signal portion of the light assembly.

The way to fix it is to install a diode in line with each of the brown wires near the tail-light assembly.

Cut the brown wire near the tail-light and solder a diode with the stripped end towards the tail light.

You can use a 1 amp diode.

An alternative is to install a single diode in line with the brown wire near the bucket harness 12-pin connector behind the dash, but there is not a lot of slack on those wires in the dash harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is an issue with some LED rear light assemblies, you are getting +12v back-feeding on the brown wire when +12v power is applied to the brake/turn-signal portion of the light assembly.

The way to fix it is to install a diode in line with each of the brown wires near the tail-light assembly.

Cut the brown wire near the tail-light and solder a diode with the stripped end towards the tail light.

You can use a 1 amp diode.

An alternative is to install a single diode in line with the brown wire near the bucket harness 12-pin connector behind the dash, but there is not a lot of slack on those wires in the dash harness.
Exactly where I was going! Thanks for always having great and timely solutions
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Following....

I have another fix if this doesn't work. Seen it before. Installed the diodes. Works most of the time. Had two cars that this did not help with. If it works, great. If not, I'll let you know what I ended up doing to fix these two.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:06 AM   #7
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thank you all for the help, I will try to remedy this issue at a later date as we decided for right now to enjoy the cart the rest of our vacation as is. Hopefully this will help others as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car