lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery drain acceptable after 500/400/2gauge install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
LOL - you didn't read enough Alltrax install posts! The instructions are all wrong with the field wiring.

Double check the rating on the factory reducer. Also, I think there is a 12v wire (gray?) up front that is can be easily unplugged from the harness and tapped for accessories. If I remember, it is for the brake lights.

Do you have a wiring diagram?
I read quite a few. Another issue is the late build 2014. All data I found was pre ERIC. Mounting plate was different, large metal wall thing the factory controller mounted against and had extra wiring.

Here's some pics of the factory reducer. There's a 4 plug harness that goes to nothing. The two right plugs produce 48 volts with ignition on. There's two wires taped by the horn wiring that I have not tested yet. It wouldn't take much to splice into the +12 and -12 outputs.

Edit: Don't make fun of my ghetto volt meter install. There was two spare 48v +\- connectors in the dash were constant and not ignition activated and I'm out of appropriate quick connects. Ghettoed some old ones and taped them snug lol. I'll cut the dash and get new connectors this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4997.jpg (74.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4998.jpg (207.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4999.jpg (151.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5002.jpg (188.6 KB, 0 views)
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #12
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here's the metal wall thing. I used up all my dremel grinding wheels on my shotgun doing some gunsmithing and broke my grinder a few months ago. Horizontal seemed like a good idea. Looks good. 👍
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4978.jpg (197.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #13
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep, I ground mine off with a 4" grinder before deciding to ditch the entire plate. I mounted it to the back wall of the cavity. And horizontal is just fine.

The 4 pin gray and orange connector is the "smart box" interface. It's for remote golf course GPS and battery monitoring. If I'm not mistaken two wires go to controller and the other two are switched power. I'd have to look at the diagram again to be sure. I repurposed for other stuff, the 4 from the programming port because they were not part of the 16 pin controller plug. They were separate.

The other two wires under the dash might be for horn or turn signal flasher. Do you have either of those hooked up? EDIT: I see you do not have blinkers but do have some wires going up the steering wheel under the cover. EDIT #2: You do have horn wiring (orange and blue) but do you have a horn? EDIT#3: reread your post. Yes, you do have a horn. :)

Those three wires taped together are the brake lights. Because you do not have blinkers, they are welded and taped together.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:22 PM   #14
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yep, I ground mine off with a 4" grinder before deciding to ditch the entire plate. I mounted it to the back wall of the cavity. And horizontal is just fine.

The 4 pin gray and orange connector is the "smart box" interface. It's for remote golf course GPS and battery monitoring. If I'm not mistaken two wires go to controller and the other two are switched power. I'd have to look at the diagram again to be sure. I repurposed for other stuff, the 4 from the programming port because they were not part of the 16 pin controller plug. They were separate.

The other two wires under the dash might be for horn or turn signal flasher. Do you have either of those hooked up? EDIT: I see you do not have blinkers but do have some wires going up the steering wheel under the cover. EDIT #2: You do have horn wiring (orange and blue) but do you have a horn? EDIT#3: reread your post. Yes, you do have a horn. :)

Those three wires taped together are the brake lights. Because you do not have blinkers, they are welded and taped together.
I've been googling and searching here to no avail. I would like blinkers and brake lights. I have the horn, headlights and tail lights. Assuming all are factory parts. Is there an add on kit for those two features. Can't seem to find any besides the ultimate upgrade which appears to be an upgrade to an aftermarket kit. I'm willing to improvise if a universal kit could tie into my existing. Would hate to spend 200+ on a full kit when I already have over half of it.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #15
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
I've been googling and searching here to no avail. I would like blinkers and brake lights. I have the horn, headlights and tail lights. Assuming all are factory parts. Is there an add on kit for those two features. Can't seem to find any besides the ultimate upgrade which appears to be an upgrade to an aftermarket kit. I'm willing to improvise if a universal kit could tie into my existing. Would hate to spend 200+ on a full kit when I already have over half of it.
There are a lot of options. I believe this is all you need. Call them to be sure.
http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catalo...ts/ECCCPTS.htm

You have brake lights already, right? I see the relay next to the reverse buzzer.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #16
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

And ditching the mounting plate sounds like a good idea. Kinda of a PIA to keep moving it just to get access without jacking up and going underneath. Which that isnt too bad since I have a low profile floor jack from when I was upgrading a mustang I used to own.

Did you put the plate back in place or just left it open? I didn't put the original cover back in since the Alltrax is water resistant and I'm not planning any crazy off-roading, just dirt roads and gravel roads for my 3gun competitions.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:38 PM   #17
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1406727

I left it open. Here are some photos under my seat. I'm still cleaning up the wiring but it is getting close.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #18
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
There are a lot of options. I believe this is all you need. Call them to be sure.
http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catalo...ts/ECCCPTS.htm

You have brake lights already, right? I see the relay next to the reverse buzzer.
Hahaha. I'm such a noob. Just went to the garage to test. I thought they were just tail lights when you turned the headlights on. Lol.

So yes. I do have brake lights. I haven't seen the cart from behind. I'm always driving.

Just just blinkers are needed. Even better. Love this forum.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #19
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
Hahaha. I'm such a noob.
We've all been there!
Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #20
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

And thanks for the link. 99% sure that's all I need to complete being somewhat street compliant. That way the cops won't give me too hard of a time for cruising the neighborhood. Hasn't stopped me yet. Probably driven 15 miles through the neighborhood since Friday evening.

And yes you're right. Said this was an addiction and looking for another surgery. I'm already shopping for stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car