lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 07:10 AM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What's it worth

96 Club Car DS. Stock cart with rear seat...does not have batteries. That's all the information I have. I don't know anything about electric carts as mine have always been gas. What questions do I need to ask?
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What's it worth

Unless I know it runs, it's worth around $300.00.
Electronics are good $500.00.
Beware of flood carts. I've had to replace everything. Wiring harness, controller, MCOR, motor, front hubs, steering rack and brakes
You're going to spend $600-$800 on batteries.
It's rare I'll pay more than $300.00 in a non running buggie.
I'm working on a Precedent, spent $1600.00 fixin it.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And it is hard to say until you see it. My fathers is a '96 and he paid $2400 for it 4 years ago and it did have a <1 year old set of batteries. Cart was in great shape, tight, clean, and no noted damage. My neighbors (and my continuous pain) is a '97 and he paid $2800 around the same time and the batteries were older, charger has gone, controller has failed, OBC has failed, steering box is all but gone, and something is now up with the potentiometer.... Long story short, a good physical inspection is by far your best ally in this, BUT, since it is an electronic cart, you could be needing only batteries or it could need a controller, solenoid, v-glide/potentiometer, switch, motor, etc. Just really no way to be sure until it is powered up.

If you can get it cheap, figuring worst case is it becomes a parts cart, buy it. If it is more than $500-$700, I would have to see it operational as then you may pay more for it then you can recover.

Ask or check:
1- Condition
2- Usage
3- Last ran
4- How long owned
5- And be sure to roll it around and inspect the drive train, brakes, bushings, steering, frame, tires, etc.

Good Luck!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

And one quick note - if it is a '96 with a rocker switch for fwd/rev; then its a Regen-1 which will require a BUNCH of changes and electronics work like a modern cart, if you ever want to upgrade (meaning time & $$$).
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

and with no batterys for cores should be able to talk down another $150 or so
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

All good advice. I'm also in the cheaper would be better group.

If you need a controller, batteries and a charger, you have likely just spent as much as finding a good operational cart that you KNOW is working.

I just bought a 98 Regen 2 cart for $100. No charger, electronics are a gamble. It came with 8 6v batteries for cores that actually hold a charge, and a second set of wheels and tires.

Probably an outlier, but those deals are still out there.
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelTight View Post
96 Club Car DS. Stock cart with rear seat...does not have batteries. That's all the information I have. I don't know anything about electric carts as mine have always been gas. What questions do I need to ask?
And their used to be a cart place right outside of Oakbrook that had a lot of cart parts for good prices. Do not know if they are there anymore but if it does need a few things and you get it cheap enough, you may be able to check there for them. There was also a big cart yard up Hwy 61 going towards Trident.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #8
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:27 AM   #9
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is there a way I can tell if it's 36 or 48v? The serial number starts with a single "A" which is a DS electric...I know other serial numbers start different to designate 36 or 48 but like I said, this is a simple "A" which does not differentiate between the two.

A9620-498881
Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm not a sparky guy, but the first thing I look at is the charger port on the cart,
If it's rectangular, it's 36V, if it's round, it's 48V.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car