lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
Shike2012
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Question for CTD or TahoeDog or anyone who has installed Alpha Body Kit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
I've done it 5 times. The wiring harness is slightly different, and yes it comes with the body. The instructions were not up to date at the time I did mine. They have changed since it was designed. The front headlights are iffy at best. They don't use wing nuts as shown in the directions and videos, they changed to cheap screws that don't work well.
The tail lights when installed don't seem to fit perfect, but that's just how they sit. Be careful with the grill, the two center bolts that affix the support bracket to the body will go through far enough to push out on the grill.
Other than that, it's pretty simple. If you get the optional cowl intake cover, the screws and preset attachment points are a royal pain to align. Don't over tighten.
Out of curiosity have you done one on a gas cart? Ours is 2014 gas and grabbed a sub harness but just can't figure it out. Dealer is not helpful :(
Shike2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
crash test dummy

Default Re: Question for CTD or TahoeDog or anyone who has installed Alpha Body Kit....

is this the sub harness ??

here are the install instructions look for the gas cart section page 8
Old 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #13
Shike2012
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
is this the sub harness ??

here are the install instructions look for the gas cart section page 8
hi there, yes that is the sub harness they gave us. The new harness is for rear lights and new head lights. the rear have a new 12 pin connector that goes into dash, the whole thing just seems odd for the connections. Will get some photos and post, maybe someone will understand it better. Tech at the dealer has no idea as he hasn't done one yet.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #14
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shike2012 View Post
hi there, yes that is the sub harness they gave us. The new harness is for rear lights and new head lights. the rear have a new 12 pin connector that goes into dash, the whole thing just seems odd for the connections. Will get some photos and post, maybe someone will understand it better. Tech at the dealer has no idea as he hasn't done one yet.
yep it is on page 8 on the instructions
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #15
Shike2012
Not Yet Wild

thanks everyone, somehow we managed to figure it out lol
Old 09-19-2017, 02:08 AM   #16
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

The wiring harness is included. Wasn't difficult at all. My left front headlight has a short in it and constantly flickers.

HOWEVER, on a unrelated sidenote... I installed my alpha body in April and the clear coat is beginning to peel. It is very bad around the front wheel wells but it is bubbling up all across the front cowl. So, it's gonna get worse. I have emailed the folks at Madjax. I'll let ya know if they stand behind it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6736-X3.jpg (198.0 KB, 0 views)
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #17
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
I have emailed the folks at Madjax. I'll let ya know if they stand behind it.

I'm sure the fine folks in Chin...I mean Nivel will get right on it....
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
I'm sure the fine folks in Chin...I mean Nivel will get right on it....
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #19
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

the 2 we did here at the shop plugged right in to the standard bucket harness, they must of fixed whatever issue you had. it was a pure plug and play for us.
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #20
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
I installed my alpha body in April and the clear coat is beginning to peel. It is very bad around the front wheel wells but it is bubbling up all across the front cowl. So, it's gonna get worse. I have emailed the folks at Madjax. I'll let ya know if they stand behind it.
yea it was pretty easy to see the quailty of the paint they used when they showed up, we painted ours a custom color right out of the box, so we wouldnt run into this down the line.
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpha body kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car