lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax DCX open field error - jog my memory

It's been a long while since I've posted so need some checking from some of you.

I have had a numerous experiences with Alltrax DCX controllers but it has been a while so my memory is fuzzy..

My DCX500 IQ is throwing an open field error when trying to go in forward, it has intermittently started to act up but now it's not working at all. Every time I have ran across this in the past with other carts and such it always turned out to be the controller, but as I said my memory is a bit fuzzy.

The cart works fine in reverse, no issues at all, but nothing going forward and get the 5 error LED blink for open field, I switched the F1 and F2 cables at the controller and put the F-N-R in F as now I would expect the motor to go in reverse but on the controllers forward setting was thinking if it was the controller it would not work, well It works. Now in reverse from a controller perspective i.e. switch in R I would expect the motor to try and move forward, but it doesn't open field.

So jog my memory - did I just prove the controller is ok and I have a motor issue or is this still a controller issue? TIA
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax DCX open field error - jog my memory

If your open field problem followed the switching of field wires I would think motor because if I remember correctly the dcx has 2 separate circuits for forward and reverse. If one of those was bad switching the wires would not change anything.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If your open field problem followed the switching of field wires I would think motor because if I remember correctly the dcx has 2 separate circuits for forward and reverse. If one of those was bad switching the wires would not change anything.
That was my logic as well but am not back to thinking it is the controller some how, I just disconnected the motor from everything and did an independent power test with my 12v 50amp battery charger and the motor spins just fine in either direction which is the typical test to rule out the motor.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For Ezgo look below first.
Secondly try swapping the top and bottom wires on the F&R rocker.... that will help you eliminate the switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ya ruled out the rocker that was the first thing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car