lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 05 Precedent Won't Move

If that is the case, You can go ahead and do the OBC lockout by-pass (Blue and White wires together).

Make sure the 10ga negative wire from the charger receptacle that goes to the OBC did not come unplugged.

To by-pass the OBC charger control, You will need to disconnect that 10ga negative wire from the charger receptacle at the OBC 1-pin quick connector and extend it directly to pack negative battery post.

You will also need to either jump the charger relay inside the charger, or disconnect the 18ga gray wire from the charger receptacle at the OBC quick connector and run it directly to pack negative as well.

That will cause the charger to come ON as soon as You plug it into the cart and it will not turn OFF by itself.

The procedure is:
Disconnect both the AC and DC charger plugs.
Connect the DC plug to the cart.
Connect the AC plug to the wall.
Monitor the voltage at the pack positive and negative battery posts until it reaches between 58v-60v.
Disconnect the AC plug from the wall.
Disconnect the DC plug from the cart.
The reason for that is to prevent a spark at the cart charger receptacle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #22
reds1654
Not Yet Wild

Ok - so I purchased a new OBC, but the cables on it are shorter than my old one. I can get the #6 black to reach to the battery, but not to the controller. I'm assuming that this may have changed at some point due to the layout in the cart or a 6x8v vs 4x12v arrangement. Can I extend this cable? Thinking or purchasing a short cable and connecting with a bolt thru terminals and wrapping/heat shrinking....
reds1654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #23
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The bolt thing will work, but I'd double check to make sure you have the right OBC for that cart. There are several different ones depending on the cart.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
The bolt thing will work, but I'd double check to make sure you have the right OBC for that cart. There are several different ones depending on the cart.

Bump, it should be correct for "your" cart. It sounds like they sold you one for a different battery configuration.

And check the date printed on the packaging to ensure you are getting the newest version....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #25
reds1654
Not Yet Wild

Ok - I extended the OBC cable and got everything hooked back up. Tried to run the cart and I get nothing. I tried to put it on a charge to get the OBC out of lockout mode and the charger works now. I left it on a charge for about 10 minutes. Pack voltage is about 51.2

There is no backup buzzer, no solenoid click, or anything...
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #26
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just had the same issue with a DS IQ cart and it ended up being the controller. Luckily I had one to try without buying one.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Ugh, yes, that does sound like a controller now.... Did anything arc or spark bad?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #28
reds1654
Not Yet Wild

No sparks that I saw, but the cart has been laid up for about 2 months. I found a guy willing to sell me a used controller, so I'll be grabbing that on monday... hopefully this solves it, thanks for everything so far, guys
Old 09-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #29
reds1654
Not Yet Wild

So I finally had a chance to put the replacement controller in yesterday and I still have nothing... Any other ideas? Haven't had time to go back through and double check all connections, although I doubt anything else would be loose. Thanks
Old 09-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #30
reds1654
Not Yet Wild

Went back and put back the original solenoid and the cart works now, I guess I must have gotten a dud replacement. So it looks like the controller was the issue. Thanks for everyone's help....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car