lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 lunges then nothing

Hey gang my 08 pres. lunged in reverse twice then would not move again. The reverse buzzer would sound when it happened then nothing. While pushing it back into the garage the runaway cart was beeping but not any more. Batteries are new this spring. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Corvettejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 lunges then nothing

Ok have an update if that helps. Got home after work and thought I would try it again. Cart will still not move but reverse buzzer works again. I plugged it in again and the charger went up to 10v on the meter than slowly dropping. I unplugged it after 15 min and it was still at 5v. The yellow battery light flashed when I unplugged it.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'd check the batteries with a meter first. Batteries may not be getting/holding a full charge. The usual suspects- batteries/OBC/charger.

PS- check out the "Resetting the OBC" and "Charging System Troubleshooting" in the Stickys at the top of this section.

Last edited by tag50; 08-21-2017 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: PS
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Let it charge completely until it shuts off and then measure pack voltage with a meter. The flashing dash light when you prematurely unplug usually means the batteries are not charged. Once fully charged, troubleshooting will be easier.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will try that then report back.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Ok checked the voltage and have 50.5v on the pack. Tried resetting the obc as per the sticky and still get same. Will not move but reverse buzzer sounds.any ideas?? Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

CorvetteJoe,
Check out the post I have linked below, start on Page 3, post #25 from CTD. This could help you determine if you have a bad controller or motor.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...nt-move-3.html

Good luck and keep us informed.
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #8
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Aflyer will check and report back. Thank yiu
Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Use a T-40 Torx driver to remove the four screws that hold the floormat retainers in place. Pull them gently and remove the floormat from the cart. Remove the small triangular shaped access door in the floor. Locate the MCOR beneath the accelerator. You're going to see two plugs plugged into it. One with 2 wires (green and blue) and one with three wires (white, yellow, and purple). Remove the 2-pin connector from the MCOR. Get a paperclip or a small piece of wire and jump the green and blue wire together within the connector that you unplugged from the MCOR. See if the vehicle will operate. If the vehicle operates with the jumper wire in place, replace the MCOR.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:33 AM   #10
Corvettejoe
Not Yet Wild

Ok found the problem. MCOR. Tahoe Dawg was right on the money with that one. Thank you for all your input. Great forum. Happy carting!!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car