lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #11
jsmith294
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Are golf carts submerged in sea water salvageable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
We live for this stuff. Over on St. Augustine Beach right now riding these wild waves....
More guts than me by far. Many people on North Captiva still remember Charlie back in 2004. It was a direct hit. The eye passed right over the island and cut it in two (the cut has since filled in). Our house is built on 16 foot pilings. It survived that storm, but the garage and its frangible walls are only about three feet off the ground
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
More guts than me by far. Many people on North Captiva still remember Charlie back in 2004. It was a direct hit. The eye passed right over the island and cut it in two (the cut has since filled in). Our house is built on 16 foot pilings. It survived that storm, but the garage and its frangible walls are only about three feet off the ground
Yep, we got Charley, Frances, Ivan and later Jeanne all in '04. Went a total of 13 days without power from Charlie, but I was generated by the time Frances came by....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #13
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
N. Captiva, now there are some memories. Born in Naples and raised in Cape Coral/ Ft. Myers. Lived in Ft. Lauderdale are for 13 years and then moved after getting hit my Wilma. Nothing to do with the storm just a job relocation to NC. Frankly, I hate this place and want to move back. Been eyeing the St. Augustine/ Jacksonville area.

I was down through the whole state a little over a month ago. Got to play on the beach on Sanibel and eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger.

Good luck with the house. My father is in Pompano and is actually getting nervous about this one. I hope something happens and it's a minimal impact but that really isn't going to be likely. Hate to see anyone affected by this.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
FullSpool
Not Yet Wild

Just run it through a freshwater lake , that will remove most of the salt LOL
FullSpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is how we used to flush our boat and trailer after being at the coast. There was a lake about half way home that we would pull the plugs on the boat, strap it to the trailer and sink it to the bottom of the motor cowl. We got a few looks.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #16
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

While I'm sitting high & dry in the mid-west, my sister hasn't returned to her house in Houston yet & my son and his family have decided to ride it out in Fort Meyers :(. Brother in law & family already bailed from Sarasota.
God bless all in the storms path.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #17
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

While we are watching this storm approach with bated breath that is more from concern for family in central FL than for our material things there. We have a storage shed and golf cart there but if lost it would be minor compared to family. Good luck to all who are there and especially those who choose to ride this thing out.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #18
jsmith294
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipower View Post
While we are watching this storm approach with bated breath that is more from concern for family in central FL than for our material things there. We have a storage shed and golf cart there but if lost it would be minor compared to family. Good luck to all who are there and especially those who choose to ride this thing out.
Well said.
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car