lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2017, 07:07 AM   #1
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking at a Precedent today - Help wanted

I own two DS's. 1998 & 2004. I am thinking of upgrading to a Precedent. Any way looking at 2013 today at lunch. Wondering what to look for in this particular model and year. It has the 6 battery configuration. Owner tells me they are original batteries so I'm not sure how much more left they can have on them. Its got a fold down back seat and lights, otherwise its stock. Also if any one can give me a ball park figure. He's asking $3400 but I think that is too high as stock. TIA.
Jdulac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking at a Precedent today - Help wanted

I have a 2014. It has the new Eric charger and no OBC. I like the change. The cart was real easy to upgrade with the Alltrax XCT control. I added a flip seat so you are ahead on that.... but plan on a $700 bill for new batteries. I would ask him to do some negotiating on the price.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #3
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

So should I be looking at a 2014 or newer instead? The 2013 that I am looking at has the same charging system as my 2004 DS. He sent me a picture of the charger and looks the same. Also, I am sure it has the onboard OBC for charging.

As far as the price I do think he's a little on the high side. I was thinking a great price would be $2700-$2800 and a decent price would be 3k. Thats just from my research but I appreciate the feedback and opinions on price.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

Oh one more thing what kind of speed should I be expecting with a stock 2013? I am going to GPS when i take a look.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

One good thing about the 13 is the charger is like what you have. If something goes wrong you have back up.

The speed should be about 15 mph on stock cart with speed code 3.

On the price get a quote on a set of new batteries, ask him to split the cost of them with you.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

I've bought a few batteries for my carts and other friends cart. I can get Crowns for $120 a piece from a local battery dealer. So I am pretty well versed on battery prices.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Crowns are good. I prefer the no OBC cart. I believe the OBC concept was ill conceived and I am glad to see CC finally removing the darn thing from the cart.
Besides being simpler - This leaves more room for the bigger Alltrax controller and HD solenoid install Plus the new Yewey or DPI aftermarket chargers work when you unplug the charge port blue wire and go (if an aftermarket charger etc is desired)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #8
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jdulac88,
The precedent is a nice upgrade from a DS in some respects. Don't get me wrong, I do like this car, just not sure I like it better than my DS.

Before you jump in I hope you can run it around the block. Get a feel for the width of the seat etc. For some reason I still think my 2013 Precedent feels more cramped that my DS.

Let's see what others have to add.

Just for comparison sake, I bought my 2013 in Feb 2016, for $2,700 and it needed batteries. that took a lot of shopping and a little negotiation.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I agree with Aflyer. Nothing wrong with the Precedent, but it feels a bit "cramped" compared to the DS. I don't own a Precedent but have used lots of them on golf courses.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #10
Doc
Gone Wild

Are you guys sure that 2013's don't have OBC's? I have one and I swear the dealer I got it from said that they still used OBC's....I trust the opinions here more than the dealer, though....
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car