lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
ticklechicken
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 48V Series cart won't move

Here's my original post:
In either forward or reverse, when I push the gas pedal, I can hear a clicking sound and the voltage meter drops from 50.8 to 50.6. It really seems like the motor is getting power. I've jacked up the back end and rotated the tires by hand. No issues there. Everything spins fine. What do I check next?

I posted this last week, but I got hit hard by Irma and couldn't get to the cart. Here's where I'm at now:
NoleFan4Ever suggested I test the solenoid. Here are my results: The large post had 50.3 volts and the small post had 48.6 volts. When I pushed the gas pedal, I heard a click and the small post jumped up to 50.3 volts. I also shorted the solenoid posts with an old battery cable and the cart still didn't move.

What's my next step?
ticklechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
ticklechicken
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 48V Series cart won't move

Because of the hurricane, I don't have internet or power at home. I'm looking up stuff at work and doing tests at night. This is difficult.

I downloaded this video yesterday and tried to do the tests. Here are my results:
2:25 - limit switch 1 - I had full voltage at both side of the micro switch when I pressed the gas pedal
4:17 - controller posts - the "battery last negative" post passed the test, the "negative out" post increased voltage as the pedal was pushed just like in the video
5:19 - computer bypass - bypassing the computer didn't fix the problem
7:13 - controller current input (terminal 1) - passed this test
7:55 - potentiometer (terminals 2 & 3) - This test confused my. My car has an MCOR1 and I'm not sure if I should get the same ohm readings as the video. I have a spare MCOR that worked the last time it was on the cart. I swapped that in and it didn't fix the problem. I'm assuming I pass this test.
What's my next step?
Old 09-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
ticklechicken
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 48V Series cart won't move

My cart is a 2001 Club Car series cart - AA0130
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car