lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #11
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Power drive 3 charger - battery light

The white sticker does say OBC. So I need to build that stud, go from b- terminal to that stud and then from the stud to the controller?
Ms506s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need a cable from pack negative battery post to the stud.

You need another cable from the other end of the stud to controller B-.

Wrap a few turns of electric tape on the middle of the stud, about 1" to prevent the bolt threads from being abrasive to the inside of the OBC.

By the way, Scottyb now sells a brass stud.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #13
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You need a cable from pack negative battery post to the stud.

You need another cable from the other end of the stud to controller B-.

Wrap a few turns of electric tape on the middle of the stud, about 1" to prevent the bolt threads from being abrasive to the inside of the OBC.

By the way, Scottyb now sells a brass stud.
I just ordered it from him lol. Ok cool so sounds super easy to do.

Thanks for your help. Scotty ships quick so I'm sure I'll have it early next week. So I understand and for my knowledge the computer interacts with the stud by making a connection between battery and controller to charger b
Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #14
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

the picture 3. The part that you can only see the caution sticker on is the obc.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:45 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms506s View Post
I just ordered it from him lol. Ok cool so sounds super easy to do.

Thanks for your help. Scotty ships quick so I'm sure I'll have it early next week. So I understand and for my knowledge the computer interacts with the stud by making a connection between battery and controller to charger b
The hole on the OBC works like a "clamp" style current meter, it measures the current as it passes through it.

It looks like you may need to move the controller to get clearance for the stud.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:12 AM   #16
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The hole on the OBC works like a "clamp" style current meter, it measures the current as it passes through it.

It looks like you may need to move the controller to get clearance for the stud.
If the stud is going through that yellow box with the hole, clearance is good and should be fine.

My next question is, I will need to cut the 2 awg wire and probably get a new end to crimp onto the cable to the stud, on the other side going to the controller should it or does it still need to be 2 gauge to the controller from stud post to b- on controller? Or can I use some left over 4 gauge or 6 gauge
Old 09-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #17
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

When hooking up the controller I found some trouble with this... I wonder if this was the old post for the obc?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0031.jpg (119.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If the stud is going through that yellow box with the hole, clearance is good and should be fine.

My next question is, I will need to cut the 2 awg wire and probably get a new end to crimp onto the cable to the stud, on the other side going to the controller should it or does it still need to be 2 gauge to the controller from stud post to b- on controller? Or can I use some left over 4 gauge or 6 gauge
Quote:
When hooking up the controller I found some trouble with this... I wonder if this was the old post for the obc?
You will need 2 new lugs to crimp, one for each end of the cut cable.

The cable needs to be 2ga all the way from pack negative battery post to controller B-, the stud is just allowing the cable to "squeeze" through the OBC hole.

It may be the angle of the picture, but it looks like the controller fan is right where the stud end, nuts, washers and 2ga cable will be located.

The purple wire, red/white stripe wire and the 10ga black output wire from the OBC needs to connect to Controller B- with the 2ga cable coming from the stud.

If you add a 48v->12v reducer later, the negative from the reducer needs to connect there as well.

I would not put that many wires at the controller B- terminal, put just the 2ga from the stud and a short 10ga wire that goes to a "junction block " for all of the other wires I mentioned.

While not ideal, that bolt and nut you have would work to keep the connection tight, you just have to insulate well.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Any chances the hardware stores will have the brass stud parts? Has anyone had luck.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #20
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

I got the stud kit from ScottyB. It looks like it has some plastic around the stud. When I hook it up does that come off?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car