lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
Sloanhaus
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing GTW lights and side ones don't work?

2006 club car, installing GTW led lights on the front. There is a 12 pin connector I connected and when I turned them on the middle lights come on but the left and right sides don't come on. They are hooked up to the 12 pin connector. Only wires not connected are a orange and black one next to the light and an orange, red, green and blue next to the 9 pin plug. but they don't come from the sides. The 9 pin adaptor is for a light upgrade kit. All of the loose wires are female plugs and I have no male plugs to plug into them. Any thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (194.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
Sloanhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2017, 08:41 AM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing GTW lights and side ones don't work?

The lights on the side are for your upgraded blinker kit if I recall. I'm unsure if the pre 2008.5 light kit lights those up along with the main headlight or not. I'm sure others here will give solid input. The black and orange lights are for the optional horn. The 9 pin is indeed for the full upgrade deluxe light kit with the blinker and horn and brake switch.

Again, I am semi confident that the side lights do not light up unless activated by a blinker. That said I am sure you could splice the lines to each side light and power them off the main light power as the LED's don't draw a ton of amperage or current.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Sloanhaus
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, spliced them and didn't realize they are orange . I don't need blinkers so I took them off.
Sloanhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

They are turn signals. You can splice them into your headlights if you want to and don't plan to install a turn signals.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car