lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fold-down glass windshield for CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Bruce, that is an "awkward" looking ride.... No disprespect intended. And I am referring to the ute, not the Club Car!

That must be the land down under's version of an Elcamino...
Not "awkward" at all Nole . There are lots of these in Australia. You buy what is known as a cab-chassis from the factory and have a tray body fitted. This gives you a nice flat tray that is easy to carry things in. It also gives you drop sides so that it is very easy to load (with a fork-lift for example from any side). In fact that is how they got the cart on the back, just fork-lifted it on from the side. My tray is a little shorter than norm because I had a small garage at the time.

Mine is not just a normal tray but is also a tipper (what you would call a dump truck) so if I bring home a load of sand I just dump it where I want it with the press of a button. Or taking rubbish to the tip - just back up and dump it.

This is a Ford Falcon and Ford Australia made the world's first ute from a car body in 1932 when a farmer wanted a car like vehicle in which he could drive his wife to church on Sundays and carry the pigs to market on Mondays. Your pickups are a spinoff of that ute.

Here's a selection (mine is the first one). The second and third pictures are the ones with a tub (like yours would have)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0693_resized.jpg (363.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ute1.jpg (6.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ute2.jpg (10.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ute3.jpg (9.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ute4.jpg (6.2 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately they don't make the Falcon or Holden utes any more. The factories closed this year. You can still get plenty of utes but they are based on bigger vehicles like small versions of your pickups, usually 4WD. Think Ford Ranger (the newer versions are more like a smaller F150). A lot still have trays though rather than tubs.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #13
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I give Bruce all the credit in the South. He's a terrific guy even if he doesn't use the same words as us southern boys....
Thanks Nole (the cheque's in the mail). Sorry the "check"

I think I've hijacked this post enough now - I'll get into trouble!
Old 10-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #14
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies! I have a Madjax fold-down and don't trust the plastic clips to stay on. I've read post where people said their windshields blew off going down the road. Just didn't want that to happen.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car