lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 club car precedent

In about 30 days I want to start a project on my 2008 club car precedent. The project will be changing from 4 12 volt to 6 8 volt batteries after reading the sticky it seems that there is a discussion on the charger. I have the charger that came with the cart.
Dave Hicks from Revolution golf carts is a Great help. With my new tires and wheels plus the 6inch lift.
I still need the led head light
I need the 48 to 12 volt reducer 30 amp. (scotty has a nice kit)
I'm trying to get all my parts together before I start the project.
all the underbody led's came in today.
If I am missing something will anybody chime in that has done this conversion.
Thanks a lot
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 club car precedent

Don't forget the cables you will need.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Your powerdrive charger will work for your need. There was very little difference in the algorithm between the 6x8 and 4x12. This was confirmed with Ingersol Rand several years ago by another member.

I will be completely honest, if you are doing all that (have to understand I am a proponent of the 4x12's and use them in 2 carts) and the cost associated with a new battery investment, I would look at either going with a Lithium pack or at the very least, completely remove my OBC and use a DPI Accusense going forward.

Again, if you decide to stay with what you plan, it will work satisfactorily, just not as well or as efficient as the 2 suggestions above.

Good Luck!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:30 AM   #4
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Don't forget the cables you will need.
Good call, I will be replacing all the high voltage cables with 2guage welding cable.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Your powerdrive charger will work for your need. There was very little difference in the algorithm between the 6x8 and 4x12. This was confirmed with Ingersol Rand several years ago by another member.

I will be completely honest, if you are doing all that (have to understand I am a proponent of the 4x12's and use them in 2 carts) and the cost associated with a new battery investment, I would look at either going with a Lithium pack or at the very least, completely remove my OBC and use a DPI Accusense going forward.

Again, if you decide to stay with what you plan, it will work satisfactorily, just not as well or as efficient as the 2 suggestions above.

Good Luck!
I looked into the lithium battery idea. but at 5k that wont happen, I like the idea of the accusense charger. I would like to keep my budget at 2,500.00 for this project. Its still cheaper then a new golf cart. Even if my cart runs fine. My wife bought me a new corvette so I want my golf cart to match. Dave Hicks already sent me the wheels that match the wheels on my car.
I guess I should of not retired
Old 10-13-2017, 03:23 AM   #6
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

small change in my plan. The snowbird that I was giving my 4 12volt batteries to wont make it down this year. I would hate to see the batteries sit for a year and not get used.( They are 2 years old) So I guess I will keep them in the cart unless I find somebody else that needs help.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:35 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
small change in my plan. The snowbird that I was giving my 4 12volt batteries to wont make it down this year. I would hate to see the batteries sit for a year and not get used.( They are 2 years old) So I guess I will keep them in the cart unless I find somebody else that needs help.
Just keep the charger plugged in so you will get that needed maintenance charge every ~15 day.....

You can also get one of these and just leave it running.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car