lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default What's the difference on throttle

Hey all. I have a alltrax 48500 controller and why I believe to be an issue with the programming. Mine right now is set for a 5k-03 and I believe it should be set to a 5k-0. The issue I am having is the cart will work for moments and then not at all. Solenoid engages and then stops. Throttle is intermittent and had issues did a few weeks with cart. Replaced the microswitch at throttle and it worked for a short time. I am wondering if I need to reset the controller of fix the program. Pic attached of serial #. It is a 48v club car 1998. It has the potentiometer box that looks like a pizza slice as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5270.jpg (55.7 KB, 0 views)
Ms506s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the difference on throttle

The 98 cart is a 3 wire pot. Not a true 5k-0 signal. If your controller is a newer Alltrax it may have a Vglide throttle option or MCOR, either of these will work.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 98 cart is a 3 wire pot. Not a true 5k-0 signal. If your controller is a newer Alltrax it may have a Vglide throttle option or MCOR, either of these will work.
Scotty, can that be the issue with why the cart is working intermittent right now?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What controller are you asking about? Is throttle pre-set or selectable?
Old 10-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Alltrax sr48500 I got from you a month ago. This morning I pressed throttle and solenoid engaged cart moved a bit. Last night I went in reverse out of the driveway and then it wouldn't engage at all after moving into forward. It's just intermittent with the throttle. So my belief is that the controller if possible can be reset to rifht therottle or can it be reset manually? Without computer? I only have a MacBook.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller should need reprogramming. There is something intermittent with the input most likely.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #7
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The controller should need reprogramming. There is something intermittent with the input most likely.
I'm sorry you said should or meant shouldn't. And, if it needs reprogramming what do I look for in the software?
Old 10-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms506s View Post
I'm sorry you said should or meant shouldn't. And, if it needs reprogramming what do I look for in the software?
Yes I did mean should not need programming. They do not loose program. If the controller throttle setting worked before it still works.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #9
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Yes I did mean should not need programming. They do not loose program. If the controller throttle setting worked before it still works.
Ok thought so. Ugh. Can't figure out why it works and then just stops working. Only thing I can think of is that when I replaced the throttle micro switch when it wasn't working right last week and started working again I noticed that at first it was running slow. Charged cart up and that night it ran back to normal at 20 mph.

Now it seems to work and then stop. Can't tell if it's my throttle cable or the microswitch. Any ideas on what to test or check for?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #10
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

So again, after charging all day, take it out around the block no problem. I stopped for s moment and was pushing the cart back home. Looked at controller, blinked 7 times green, the blinked quick green, green again and 6 times red quick. Looks like a low throttle or throttle over range code? Please help!

Ps I got my underglow in lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5280.jpg (137.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car