lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here we go again. I'm thinking - respectively, of course. You have no idea what your talking about.
The ITS is susceptible to 1 common problem which is signal interference due to the presents of water in the tunnel which is a zero cost fix with a blow dryer borrowed from your wife.
Any other problem with the ITS is signal wire failure or controller failure, and not really the fault of the ITS
So true Scotty. But better to buy your wife a new blow dryer and THEN ask for hers.

Been there, done that!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You need to learn how to repair the MCOR4. The problem is the wiper not making good contact. Take it apart clean and bend the wiper arm up slightly. Reassemble then drive trouble free for about 6 months then repeat the process when it goes bad again.
Some folks also report good results with drilling a hole, spraying contact cleaner and working the pedal.

Some folks have good results just working the pedal.

Most folks have no problem at all.

All of those suggestions will temporarily restore the smooth signal.

Some folks have more chronicle MCOR issues, regardless of the quality of the replacement or country of origin.

My hypothesis after looking at my own cart, is how the MCOR is attached to the pedal assembly triggers at least some of the issues.

Depending how much "motion" is transferred from the pedal shaft to the MCOR, free play on the pedal would transfer movement to the MCOR.

If the bushings on the MCOR arm allow that motion to transfer to the arm, it would be amplified where those contacts touch the board surface, perhaps more than the "spring" spec for a properly working contact finger.

It also explains some of the inconsistency, after all it is unlikely the same spot on the MCOR track would keep changing its resistance to just be surface
oxidation.

I reduced the free play on my cart and the signal is now very steady, the difference is easily visible using the method I posted.

I wonder why ClubCar does not have a simple "wobble" connection between the pedal group and the MCOR.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Some folks also report good results with drilling a hole, spraying contact cleaner and working the pedal.

Some folks have good results just working the pedal.

Most folks have no problem at all.

All of those suggestions will temporarily restore the smooth signal.

Some folks have more chronicle MCOR issues, regardless of the quality of the replacement or country of origin.

My hypothesis after looking at my own cart, is how the MCOR is attached to the pedal assembly triggers at least some of the issues.

Depending how much "motion" is transferred from the pedal shaft to the MCOR, free play on the pedal would transfer movement to the MCOR.

If the bushings on the MCOR arm allow that motion to transfer to the arm, it would be amplified where those contacts touch the board surface, perhaps more than the "spring" spec for a properly working contact finger.

It also explains some of the inconsistency, after all it is unlikely the same spot on the MCOR track would keep changing its resistance to just be surface
oxidation.

I reduced the free play on my cart and the signal is now very steady, the difference is easily visible using the method I posted.

I wonder why ClubCar does not have a simple "wobble" connection between the pedal group and the MCOR.
Inside the one I took apart, there is a good amount of dielectric grease on the wiper. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the grease actually causes the fingers to raise off the resistance trace occasionally.

Drilling a hole in it and spraying a dielectric aerosol spray inside may be just the ticket. It may thin the grease to allow for better contact.

This procedure may also help the switch make better contact.

I can see where this grease might be more of a problem in colder climates.

As far as the wobble where the upgrade shaft connects to the accelerator, I have not come up with a good solution. I tried some heat shrink tubing on the two pins, but I didn't see a lot of difference in operation.

As you commented, Club Car really needs to put some engineering minds behind this issue. After all, it may be the most important operating item on the cart.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree - they need to put the same engineering minds that fixed the on board computer in 2014 on this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I agree - they need to put the same engineering minds that fixed the on board computer in 2014 on this
http://www.nocoev.com/product/HXJS-4805.htm

Scotty, I just know this Hall effect pedal would work on carts that have a controller that will accept 0 to 5VDC signal.

Maybe I'll get one and see what it can do.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tom47. Why don't you start a GoFund Me page. I'd would contribute to the R&D. I would love to get rid of the MCOR. Just a thought.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Tom47. Why don't you start a GoFund Me page. I'd would contribute to the R&D. I would love to get rid of the MCOR. Just a thought.
That's an interesting thought. If I get curious enough with this, I will buy one and try it.

Then if it works, you guys can maybe pay me a royalty for the idea?????
Old 10-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #18
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Episode of shark tank right here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #19
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club car is still owned by IR right? IR quality and durability, like Elvis, has left the building quite awhile ago. Wouldn't get my hopes up for a decent factory fix.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #20
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since most cars are drive by wire these days I wonder if we can figure out which manufacturer has the same signal and then just buy the module from a junkyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car