lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
60blackhawk
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Club Car Precedent found water

Good afternoon and thank you for an awesome forum....I have read a lot before I put a lift on and now with my current condition.
A friend found the deepest water hole she could find and it sat in there for approx 20 min in 4ft of water.
I towed it home and dried it out and saw that the controller has a burn mark.
I bought a used controller, motor and obc from a forum member. After installing the new to me motor and controller it will only beep. Once I put the switch from tow to run it beeps whether the cart is in F/N/R doesn't matter whether the key is turned on either. It will stop beeping if I depresss the pedal to the floor and then once I let off it will start to beep again. Also once I plug in the charger in the run position it will stop beeping. I have unhooked the F/N/R switch altogether and it still beeps. I have bypassed the tow/run switch, trouble shot the solenoid, bypassed the mcor 2 plug as well. I have slaved in the new to me obc the negative cable to 3 in one cable is shorter so only slaved in.
I have taken the key switch out of the equation.
I am at wits end on what else I can check although not %100 that my solenoid is good, I have disconnected the two top post and check for power like one thread stated. I here the solenoid click half the time when I depress the accelerator and if I unhook a positive connection on the cart I can get it to click with the accelerator every time.
Any help as to what other checks I should perform. One more check that I haven't performed and am going to do is check continuity on the motor.
Thanks,
Paul
60blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Precedent found water

The solenoid must latch every time you press the gas if the cart is to run.
The solenoid requires 48v between the 2 small terminals to activate (click)
When it does not click see which wire is missing power by reading between battery main + and then - to each small terminal. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
...it beeps whether the cart is in F/N/R...
Until You solve this, there is no reason to check anything else.

What exact Model Controller did You get?

If It is an IQ Controller, You likely have harness issue related from being submerged.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
60blackhawk
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for responding, the controller I just installed is a 1515-5201 and just noticed the one that I removed from my cart is .1510A-5250. They look the same, I assume this is my problem?
Have you guys all heard of a cart just beeping?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You had an IQ and that is a i2 Excel that you put in. =
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unplug the speed sensor, the sensor negative wire is terminated on the wrong controller pin, that pin is used for something else on the Excel system.

If You want to keep that Excel Controller in Your IQ cart, You need to cut the black/white wire at Controller pin #13 and splice the side from the harness to the purple/white wire at Controller Pin #3.

Tape the black/white wire from the Controller connector as it will not be used.

You also need to install 453Ω x 1/2watt resistors in each of the throttle wires: purple, yellow and white/black near the MCOR 3-pin connector.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
60blackhawk
Not Yet Wild

Wow, thanks a lot Sergio!

I am going out of town(actually your area-Fayetteville)through the weekend and when I get back I will post my results.

Is there somewhere this has already been an issue and I just needed to read more...I searched and searched
Old 11-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The IQ and Excel harness are not compatible (without those changes), the only person I can think that may have done one of those conversions before is David with revolutiongolfcars.com, he may notice this thread when he is online.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The IQ and Excel harness are not compatible (without those changes), the only person I can think that may have done one of those conversions before is David with revolutiongolfcars.com, he may notice this thread when he is online.
Yeah I just noticed it and was getting ready to respond, but you beat me to it. Your above response is right on the money.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #10
60blackhawk
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone...I figure I could get the resistors at RadioShack but I don't see that resistor listed on their website. Is there another place I can go...I searched on the internet & didn't find much however the sites I found are a wholesaler & you have to buy in bulk.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car