lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jumpy on take off, stalls at top end

That it is not an MCOR, it is a Curtis PB-6 5kΩ throttle box, wait until scottyb is back on line as he can give You more info on the best solution.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #12
wmstrick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you very much !!
wmstrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #13
wmstrick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Fs controller, D&D motor ,model170-004-0002A, 10.2 hp, 48 volt class-H motor.
My cart is a 36 volt converted 4 or 5 years ago with Scottyb's package listed above. Has been perfect and not a single complaint. Some how something has happened to cause the jumpy start with it stalling at run speed only to pick back up and than stall again.
I have probably done something to cause this, but i really do not know where to find help ? The micro switch has 2 wires out , one to silinoid and the other goes to front of cart somewhere.
wmstrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstrick View Post
Fs controller, D&D motor ,model170-004-0002A, 10.2 hp, 48 volt class-H motor.
My cart is a 36 volt converted 4 or 5 years ago with Scottyb's package listed above. Has been perfect and not a single complaint. Some how something has happened to cause the jumpy start with it stalling at run speed only to pick back up and than stall again.
I have probably done something to cause this, but i really do not know where to find help ? The micro switch has 2 wires out , one to silinoid and the other goes to front of cart somewhere.
I would bet the potentiometer is out of adjustment on the PB-6 causing it to be at half throttle when the solenoid clicks and goes out of range at full throttle causing a high limit error. I'm not familiar enough with that throttle enough to tell you how to adjust. Maybe Scotty will be by shortly and help you.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Typically these pots are rock solid for up to 30yrs of use. Likely water has entered the pot. This can be fixed with a hair dryer. If it must be replaced use a Curtis type PB-6 2 wire 0-5K
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car