lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
plane185
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1980 Club Car

Have no elec. power to brake light or head/tail light or stop lights..........

and why do i never find anything on a 80 clubby??????? like that year never existed
plane185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1980 Club Car

1980 is going back a ways, I would guess there are not too many of those still around. I had an '81 36v myself a few years back, but it's been a while since anything older than '84 has come my way.
Whatever you have for lights would have been an aftermarket add-on, so it really depends on what you have. Do you have a voltage reducer or are they just wired across 2 of your 6v batteries? Assuming you've already checked the fuse(s), I would start by checking for (-) at any of the light sockets. Once its confirmed you have a ground connection start following the (+) wires to the switch & on through to the light sockets.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
plane185
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

haven't found a voltage reducer yet. has push pull switch for headlight and i am showing no power there. Horn on same _ as headlight and doesn't work either
Old 11-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
plane185
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Have fixed head/tail lite prob now. Still no brake lite and the sender has an in line fuse 14v which is good and have power to the flasher but it don't work either...ahhhhhhh always tomorrow.........................
Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
plane185
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Angry Re: 1980 Club Car

Well was working on the stop/turn and now don't have any lights or horn again.............oh and I didn't have any lights on the left side
Old 11-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane185 View Post
Have no elec. power to brake light or head/tail light or stop lights..........

and why do i never find anything on a 80 clubby??????? like that year never existed
Not an '80 but close. ['81] Solid machines, easy to work on and no friggin plastic!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:27 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

As meimke pointed out, everything you are working on is aftermarket. It has little or nothing to do with what year your cart is. Do you have some photos of the cart, and the wiring you are working with?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
plane185
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
As meimke pointed out, everything you are working on is aftermarket. It has little or nothing to do with what year your cart is. Do you have some photos of the cart, and the wiring you are working with?
Don't have pics on wiring as am sure u know runs the gamut of the cart . The ones with the headlight/horn have switches and run from ground to hot on battery. Brown for ground and white for positive. This looks to me like a very professional job that was done on this cart and it is in very good shape for the years on it. I am getting the feeling have a broke wire in the ground part of these. Put on circuit tester and the white is a bright light while the brown is dull light, like only 6v and not 12v....

Thanks for ur time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car