lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 02:43 AM   #1
RMCN
Not Yet Wild

Default Amazon/EBay 36v CC Charger

Getting ready to start rebuilding a 91 CC starting with new batteries, all new wiring etc. I need a charger and I have found several on Amazon and eBay for around $75. I'll post the link below but has anyone had any experience with these?

I'll be using the cart to cruise around the neighborhood and maybe once or twice a year camping so nothing to extreme. I do not nessacarily need it charged multiple times a day either. Thanks for the advice.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charg...+charger&psc=1
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #2
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Amazon/EBay 36v CC Charger

don't think this is a good choice for a charger. It appears to be only a trickle charger. If your spending good money on new batteries get a quality charger that will charge and maintain.
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

What Dennisneri said is true. These chargers do not work well. They do not have the ability to get a discharged pack up to the proper voltage.

They only “trickle charge “at 5 A, it takes several days just to charge the cart once. I have used them and always gotten rid of them.

I would look for a used charger in the same price point. I have gotten many on Craigslist.

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Everything they said and look here in the Parts for Sale http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
RMCN
Not Yet Wild

Found another cart that has batteries I can use as cores and a charger. It's a early 90s CC but they are using an Ezgo Powerwise Charger with the CC crows feet. I'd save money buying this cart and I could use parts but I'm only interested if that charger would work or should I avoid an ezgo charger converted all in all?
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCN View Post
-snip-
I'm only interested if that charger would work or should I avoid an ezgo charger converted all in all?
It will work fine. I have never had to do it, but have seen a lot of CC carts with them. They were known as good chargers and they are a 36v unit so let'er rip tater chip!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car