lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
mjh1320
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car Charging Problem and meter errors

I am trying to troubleshoot my parents cart....

It is a 2016 club car. Acts like the batteries are dead. The charger is the ERIC.

When on run mode, the battery meter says full, but the battery light is on. Those are opposite indications.

When I try to charge it in run mode, the charger gives me the yellow triangle error light after about 2 minutes. I get intermittent success with charging in tow mode. It is now charging in tow mode after plugging in and un-plugging 4 times.

Any help would be great!
mjh1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car Charging Problem and meter errors

Charge only in tow mode. That’s your issue likely. If the pack voltage is not at a certain level the ERIC charger might not engage a charge but I’m unsure if that’s the case.
You need to check the pack voltage first at the batteries. Then report back.
And when you say “acts like it’s dead” what do you mean?
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
mjh1320
Not Yet Wild

I should have said it is dead.... my fault.

I tried to charge it in tow mode and the triangle error on the charger tripped. I was able to charge it in run mode and it worked. The battery meter and the charger both indicated full charge.

But..... the battery meter said full and I drove it around for 20 minutes. I left it off the charger and 5 hours later the battery meter read half full. Why would the battery be discharging at that rate when not being used?

It now on the charger, in run mode, because tow mode causes the charger to trip the error. I intend to unplug it overnight, once fully charged. What should I expect the battery meter to read in the morning? What could be drawing that quantity of power while it is just sitting. The lights are off, no accessories..... thanks.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
mjh1320
Not Yet Wild

OJust checked it....

ERIC charge indicator said it was full.... battery meter on the cart said 1/2. I went to tow mode and tried to restart the charging (by unplugging and then plugging the charger back in). Three attempts and the charger errored out, yellow triangle. It was charging this way earlier today. It does not work if I unplug it from the wall or plug the cart in first, I have tried all combinations of plug to cart and plug to wall.

I went to run mode.... cart meter now reads full! I don't understand.

Cart charger will not charge now in tow or run mode. It tries three times and then errors out.

The cart is off the charger and in run mode. What should the battery meter on the cart read in 9hrs? It is just sitting in the garage? What if it was in tow mode?

Now that I have gotten the cart to fully charge, I thought that maybe the issue was the charger.... but that does not explain the battery meter visual depiction of heavy drain while just sitting in the garage or the reset of the meter from 1/2 to full after going from run to tow and back..... help! Thanks!

Last edited by mjh1320; 11-23-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Add detail
Old 11-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Get a DVM and check each battery individually. See if anything is awkward. Then check and retighten every battery connection.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check each battery voltage. Then check when under load and driving. Then report back.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car