lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Domino
Not Yet Wild

Default batteries 49v, recptacle only 39v

Batteries showing 49v but charger receptacle is only 39v as read from POS pin to the NEG pin on cart, however the receptacle POS pin to the NEG post on the battery still shows 49v.
Club Car lasts 3 minutes max before slowing to a crawl.
Batteries are above 12v, all 4. This is my first post ever, so if I mess up, be gentle!
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: batteries 49v, recptacle only 39v

My guess would be that you don't have the red 10ga wire coming from the receptacle connected to the correct battery. It should be connected to the pack main Pos.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:01 AM   #3
Domino
Not Yet Wild

The red POS is OK, and at the charging receptacle "POS pin hole" shows 49v but only when I put the one NEG test lead back to the NEG terminal on the battery itself. When I put both test leads in the receptacle "pin holes" is when I get 39v. Thanks for answering!
Old 11-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Batteries showing 49v but charger receptacle is only 39v as read from POS pin to the NEG pin on cart, however the receptacle POS pin to the NEG post on the battery still shows 49v.
Club Car lasts 3 minutes max before slowing to a crawl.
Batteries are above 12v, all 4. This is my first post ever, so if I mess up, be gentle!
Ok so this 49 volts at the batteries is that after charging? You see the thing is 49 volts is but 60 % state of charge so those batteries are either shot or in desperate need of a charge. A 48 volt pack when well charged will read 51 volts... As to the 39 volts at the charging pins, while I'm not absolute anymore but I think this is the norm as you're reading through the OBC which controls the charging via the relay activation pin...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
Domino
Not Yet Wild

You are correct! I used a hydrometer and I have 2 cells that won't recharge and other cells are only "fair" even after charging last night and the total voltage got to 52v. Cart has very low power, time for new batteries!
Thanks to all for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car