lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
windsurfsam
Not Yet Wild

Default Converting a Regen 1 to Series ????

I have a1996 regen 1 club car that I use on some rural property. I'm finding that it is not really suited for slow driving up and down hilly trails. I know it would be easier to just buy a series cart. But that's not what I want to do right now.
What parts do I need to make this a capable farm work cart? Any vendor packages or other? Thanks in advance.
windsurfsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Converting a Regen 1 to Series ????

My buggy spends it's whole time on a farm working and I built it Sepex from series. Love it, no problems. If electric forklifts, skyjacks and scissor lifts all use a sepex controller our carts shouldn't pose problems. I am sure Scotty or DA MAN will comment on what need. What kind of farm do you run? There are some massive dairies in FL.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Converting a Regen 1 to Series ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfsam View Post
I have a1996 regen 1 club car that I use on some rural property. I'm finding that it is not really suited for slow driving up and down hilly trails. I know it would be easier to just buy a series cart. But that's not what I want to do right now.
What parts do I need to make this a capable farm work cart? Any vendor packages or other? Thanks in advance.
You will find that series car in stock configuration is not going to offer much better performance than your stock Regen 1 car. Typically when I do a conversion on one of these cars I'll make it look as factory as possible by using OEM parts. I like using the controller mounting panel from a 1997+ model. It's a direct bolt-in piece for your 96 frame. It's pre-drilled for the same bolt pattern as the Alltrax SR series controllers. The down-side of this deal is that the factory series wire harness has been discontinued by Club Car, but I have a box of 5-6 of them that are in like-new condition if you're interested in that. You can continue to use the throttle device that is on the car, but you're going to have to modify the wire harness to plug into it. The wire harness is configured for an MCOR. You could also install the MCOR4 conversion kit and avoid modifying the wire harness. A new charger, or an on-board computer for a series car would get your car charging correctly. I recommend the Admiral MOT-A1 series motor to use with the Alltrax SR500. You'll get a huge increase of torque and speed around 25MPH on a lifted car. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me and I'll help you in any way that I can. 706-836-7210.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car