lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
hwcumbie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exclamation Broken front leaf spring Allsport lift kit

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent, last August I had a local dealer install a All Sport 6 inch lift kit new tires and batteries. My cart is used to left my girls run around in a field... nothing too crazy. Last week I went to drive the cart and noticed the driver side was low. When I drove it it had a wobble in the front end. I look under the cart at the lift kit closely. The All Sport kit has 2 leaf springs one that goes all the was across and attaches to the lift and a help spring that sits on top. The long spring was cracked on the driver side all the way across. I took the spring off and looked at it. The metal was very thin and looked very brittle. it was jaggedly cracked into two pieces. I called my local dealer in Alabama Southland and they called to check on warrantying the item. All Sport says no. This kit is less than a year old has anyone else had this problem seems like this may be common but can't say for sure. Luckily I had the factory front spring that was taken off. I cut it down to the same length as the All Sport broken spring and drilled two holes in the hardened steel which is about twice as thick as the All Sport spring and got it back going with a lotta elbow grease.
hwcumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
thechevyman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Broken front leaf spring Allsport lift kit

I have read this before in another thread. I'm not sure how common the problem is with the Allsport lift but I have already decided to go with Jake's when I lift mine.
thechevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
hwcumbie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The Dealer Southland outside of Birmingham warranted the spring. I applaud them for that, but when I got the new spring and compared it to the factory spring that I modified to fit I noticed the Allsport spring was lets say thin and flemsy. I am glad I modified the good Club car spring which is thick and robust as I feel if I waited for the replacement Allsport spring it would have failed also and I would be back inthe same boat. These springs take some effort to replace and Allsport in general has been a good kit, but the front leaf spring is garbage. I remember when I was checking it to lifting the cart I called Allsport and the person I spoke to was so upbeat about their product and how the are built in America and super rugged and that they stand behind their product. Well I can say if I had known that my spring would have lasted less than a year a Jakes kit would be on my cart. I mean I paid good money for the kit and it seems they have a 6 month warranty. This is not standing behind their product this is taking the money and waited for the replacement parts to be ordered. If I were Allsport and had a suspensio failre I would warrant it til the cows came home just show I stood behind my product. Then when people posted they had to spend hours replcing a spring they could at least say, but Allsport warranted the part at least. Just saying...
Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

My exeprience with jakes I'd stear clear of them!! I went through a month long ordeal with them and they was a nightmare too deal with... Plus if you break something 2 years down the road with jakes they will not sell individual parts, they want u too buy the hole kit again but allsport with sell individual parts... Just my past experience and 2cents for what it's worth!!
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
hwcumbie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Now I have had a new ordeal, the front suspension member that the lift kit mouths to broke completely apart. I am impressed you would think I am beating this thing to death. I guess Club Car doesn't like to be lifted. They must be built just strong enough and the extra force of a lift kit puts the over the edge. I had to pull the whole front end off again Southland Golf Carts saves me with a used suspension. Takes a whole two days to do the cause everything has to be taken off the front end. I don not rock crawl I just ride hard clay, thats it. Anyone else have a broken front steel frame member this is crazy?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm looking to lift my 08 precedent in the very near future and I think after reading this I might try the MADJAX A ARM kit. Has anyone heard any good or bad about them.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
turbo0001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Same failure happened to me as the OP. My setup is a 2008 CC Precedent with the 6" All Sports lift. Driver side front leaf spring broke after about a year. I also was not riding it too hard, just used to get around the farm. I called All Sports and they said they don't warranty the leaf springs. So, $65 later (plus shipping) one replacement set should be headed my way.
turbo0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I just replaced the same spring on a friends cart about a month ago.. Sounds like a flaw huh?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Reviving an old thread....looks like I am in the same boat.
2 year old 6' lift and drivers side helper spring broken.
Cart only used on weekends at camp.

Now I will need to get a replacement as well.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #10
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechevyman View Post
I have read this before in another thread. I'm not sure how common the problem is with the Allsport lift but I have already decided to go with Jake's when I lift mine.
My front Jakes kit spring broke. It can happen to any of them.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all sport lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car