lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #1
Stroker1
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 Electric Club Car Motor

I recently purchased a 95 electric Club Car cart. It had a loud noise coming from the rear end. I pulled the rear end and found a bad outter axle bearing as well as the 36V motor coupling broken. I replaced the bearing and found a 48V motor on off of a 96 Club Car cheap. I see that the 96 motor has a "speed sensor" (??) coming out of the back of the motor and the overall length and weight of the motor is larger. The motor bolts right into place though. Will this work without doing anything more or should I just use the coupler off this 48V motor and put my 36V motor back on? The 48V motor did come with a wiring harness and what looks like a couple of solenoids, charger plug and several cables. I'm more into cars and have never messed with electric stuff like this. Thanks for any help.
Stroker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 95 Electric Club Car Motor

How do you think the 48 volt motor will behave when it only receives 36 volts from your pack? It will be very slow and sluggish.... Switching over to 48 volts is an entirely different post as you would need another battery, cables, 48 volt solenoids etc.... I'd replace the coupling and call it good for now....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
Stroker1
Not Yet Wild

Guess I will put the 48V motor back up for sale then. If anyone needs one then hit me up.
Stroker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plus the fact that the 48v motor...if it does have a speed sensor...is a sepex motor and will not work in a series system. You definately need a 36v series motor!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker1 View Post
Guess I will put the 48V motor back up for sale then. If anyone needs one then hit me up.
Do you still have it?
Bucky3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Plus the fact that the 48v motor...if it does have a speed sensor...is a sepex motor and will not work in a series system. You definately need a 36v series motor!

CartTrader
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car