lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #31
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Club car Help

Good Luck! Yes, keep us posted.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #32
Bstypula7676
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well i just installed the new fx302 regen 1 controller, cart moves now, forward and reverse, but only goes 5 mph...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Bstypula7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #33
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You didn't tell us much about the cart, but it sounds like the potentiometer is off or not making good contact. You mentioned in a previous post you never got more than 22v's at the motor, but was that all your specific throttle type was telling it to go to(?)

My dads is a '96 and my neighbors is a '97, both of them 48v DS's and we have had problems with both of them causing the same or similar issue you have and was fixed by adjustment or replacement. Mine is different as it has an MCOR.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #34
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Drive the cart for 5 min or so and then hover your hand over the regen wire coil located on the lower frame (don't touch it you may get burned). If it is hot (would almost be glowing dull red while driving) you have a stuck regen solenoid which would create almost exactly the speed drop you have described. If its not hot then the potentiometer is the likely suspect.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #35
Bstypula7676
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Drive the cart for 5 min or so and then hover your hand over the regen wire coil located on the lower frame (don't touch it you may get burned). If it is hot (would almost be glowing dull red while driving) you have a stuck regen solenoid which would create almost exactly the speed drop you have described. If its not hot then the potentiometer is the likely suspect.
Well, i would check the wire coil, but the new controller had me remove it.

The 22v was found coming from old controller output, no matter were accelerator was at. It tested using the service manual.

How can i test pot, according to service manual i need calibration test module? Anyone tested it without calibration test module and using a regular meter?

Thanks guys
Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #36
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well, i would check the wire coil, but the new controller had me remove it.
Hmmm never seen that conversion, so obviously it's not a stuck regen solenoid.

Does the accelerator seem to work normally (albeit slow)? The 22 volts at the motor is the obvious issue - but why it's 22 volts is the mystery. It could well be the CVP (continuously variable potentiometer) which is located under the floor boards on passenger side. It can theoretically be opened/adjusted/cleaned/serviced - but I've never done it. Do you have a wiring diagram for your cart? Yes - it can be checked separatedly with an ohm meter if unplugged from underneath - Sergio can tell you for certain which of the four wires to test for 0 - 5K ohms - I think its yellow/purple.

Most on this forum would tell you to replace the CVP with the MCOR conversion kit (available for your cart from Revolution) regardless, because they are known trouble makers. But you should check to see if the ohms are correct or not first.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #37
Bstypula7676
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well to update everyone, my son was driving the cart snd noticed the fwd/rev switch was backwards. And he noticed the cart when faster in reverse. Lol What i found was, I had the F1 and F2 wires backwards.

The mistake was made because the colors of wires on schematics were opposite the carts.

All fixed, thanks to all.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #38
Satheddal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just want to say you lucked out. My 96 still has a V-glide.
Satheddal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car