lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #11
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help needed QUICK - 350 MCI versus Kawasaki 13hp - New cart (possibly)

My driven clutch is the new style. I replaced my old style because it was squealing on the belt and everything I tried wouldn't cure it. I would have already changed out the drive clutch too but I had just bought a new belt and springs and didn't want to shelve them just yet. I'll get around to swapping it out too sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Dave, which clutch do you have ?
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help needed QUICK - 350 MCI versus Kawasaki 13hp - New cart (possibly)

duplicate
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine was doing the squeal thing when I bought it so my dealer sold me the upgrade kit at a really good price so I went full tilt. The drive clutch alone at the time was more than the kit so duh.. New set pulls like a beast.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

So here's the deal, the cart is a 2010 that was *purchased* in 2012 - the guy selling it is one of those "working out of his pole barn selling used carts" guys, he took this one in trade and is selling it cheap as he only does electrics ... 440hrs, really IS privately owned since new, VERY VERY clean, does have the new driven clutch (clip and splines look good too) - the engine sounds a lot like a Club Car, LOL (strike one) and the cart is the short-wheelbase version of the MPT (strike two, maybe) - so I decided to hold off a bit and shop around.

I have access to another 2006 1200, identical to my others with a blown engine, the price is "OK" considering, it has no brushguard and is fitted right now with a really nice Curtis Cab (the newest style with the extruded mesh doors) - I could easily have CT rebuild and upgrade it to a 372cc, do the few minor cosmetics, etc and get a brushguard for a net price of about $800 less than I'd have to pay for the 2010 (not counting whatever I could get out of the cab) - which would effectively give me a cart that has a brand new motor *plus* offset the cost of the long-travel kit (that would need new seats and paint) ...

Talked to my "Go-To" EZGO tech last night RE the whole shebang, his opinion was that even though the clutch is replaced on the '10 that I would likely want to get the new Team drive too, although he isn't a fan of ANY of the springless clutches. Also, evidently the new carts have plastic governor gearing which likes to explode if the governor is bypassed or even cranked out too far ... So of course now I'm REALLY stumped.

Anyone feel like throwing their 0.02 into the ring? I have searched high and low and can't find a pic of a lifted short-wheelbase MPT, I can't decide if it would look cool or not (I really like the "mass" of the 1200's when they're sitting 6-8" high on 14's, LOL) - anyone know how hard it would be to pull the governor gears altogether? My guy said they don't tear into them as a rule, just warranty them through EZGO or replace, so he wasn't sure how it would go ...

DANG I'm starting to wish I'd have just held onto the '06, LOL - oh well, Money is Money :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Here's my two cents: That thing does NOT look right without a lift kit!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Here's my two cents: That thing does NOT look right without a lift kit!
LMAO - no kidding ... I *can* say that it corners a LOT better than any of the full-wheelbase WH's I have owned, drives and handles a lot more like a regular TXT than a Horsie ... Once I tear into it and do a lift though I'm afraid that the short WB will make it a choppy ride

THIS is a lot more representative of what I'm used to, LOL:

Or even THIS (The blue is the '06 I sold yesterday, the grey was an '01 Cushman Commander 1200 I did last summer)

Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm a little confused.. I didn't think EZ made a short MPT1200.. 1000 and 800 yes but never seen a 1200. Id get the serial numbers and look it up to be sure. The other downside I guess to the new motor is it is a CCW spin correct ? so No clone swaps..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
beater cart
Gone Wild

I would buy the older one and do the vanguard swap. You wont worry about power or speed any more...
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well I went ahead and drove back down, after a nights thought and some far better lighting, investigation, etc I bought the 2010. According to my buddy, being a changeover year there were early 800's that got the same springs, etc as the 1200 (basically making them the same) as well as the 13hp Kawi ... And it all seemed to fall into place. How's THIS for a clean cart, even the factory hang tags are still on the engine (and most importantly, the stickers are still on the new clutch)

There isn't a single nick or scratch ON this thing, so I figured at the price I couldn't possibly lose (heck I may mark it up a grand or so and just flip it as-is, who knows) ... Governor tied on the little wheels is giving me 25 on pavement, MORE than enough for my needs at the present, and that's with a loose tie for safety ...

Still have some "Soul-Searching" to do, but at least I have the cart here to look at while I do it, hahahahahaha
Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those are now called EZGO Terrain 250. Bed is a little smaller and no hydraulic strut on the dump but are nice and fast. Neighbor has a newer one with the new nose. And even though that's a new driven clutch, it's the older style.

Newer style clutch kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO