lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #21
Banshee1700
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How far should I go?

Lovin the Jeep look! Slo... I found some enticer top ends on eBay, say I went that route, runnin a 26mm banshee carb( already got a pile of jets) shaved the head down n ported the
cylinder, modded the reeds, maybe a clamp on filter, maybe at least BBQ'd the stock exhaust.... Lightened the weights n the primary n a stiffer spring n secondary... You been in that ballpark before, what could I expect? What carb did you use, cause I figured 30 R a lil below wouldn affect wat torque I do have...
Banshee1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #22
Banshee1700
Not Yet Wild

An from what it sounds like, runnin 22" tires I can still make this thing FUN ta ride...
I mean I ain't expectin neck snapping torque but enough that it would impress! I ain't wantin crazy speed, like I said, round 30mph top an not a rocket gettin there but not like a bone stock "golfers" cart either;)
Banshee1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You'll never get neck snapping performance, in fact, most of your power will be in the mid range with that setup. Down low you won't have much power on tap. It will run good though, and sound really cool. Your power will be higher in the rpm range, prob say 3000 rpm - 5000 rpm, might top out at 6500 rpm with that carb. You'll be over 30 mph for sure, maybe 36 - 38 if you go all out. The carb I used was a Bravo 250 carb, Keihin 32 mm butterfly type. 28mm from Banshee will work well, it should be a CV type right? The G1 exhaust will be your limiting factor. I never did experiment with a pipe, but some say a Banshee pipe will work if you cut it up and re route it. I wasn't that bold. I did have an Enticer 250 pipe, but there was no way to make that big old thing fit without it looking ridiculous.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #24
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It sounds like there are no deeper gears that fit?
7:1 is far from what the combo needs.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGDFP View Post
It sounds like there are no deeper gears that fit?
7:1 is far from what the combo needs.
Not for the G1. And where did you get 7:1? G1's are 13:1 I believe. You can get 8:1 for some Yamaha's, but not the G1.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #26
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Not for the G1. And where did you get 7:1? G1's are 13:1 I believe. You can get 8:1 for some Yamaha's, but not the G1.
It was a thread on here, but may have been a mis-speak. 13 should be swell for the short stroker. Makes more sense that yours was running 8k@40 than 4300 with 7:1.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The yamaha cvt overdrives, so figure a 0.9:1 on top of the trans gearing and that makes about 11:1 overall top gear ratio. Its around 4600rpm at 30mph gps with 22 tires, about 10mph less with 18 stock tires.

Just saying older stock golf carts are about 9.5hp when they are fresh and there is no good way to really increase that HP by much. It will get around ok if you work in tuning the clutches and some motor mods, but they all are gutless with 22 tires. A pipe will make a 2 stroke more power than anything, some have also used a blaster pipe its a little more mild. If you add some length to the inlet it may run even lower rpm to match the G1 porting better. Either way it will need to rev harder and make more noise, you will need to change or mod the clutch to rev harder to see the power at lower speeds.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha