lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default new carb or rebuild

Hey guys i just got a 1998 yamaha golf cart and it needs a carb cleaning and was doing some looking on ebay and i can get a carb for under $40 or a rebuild kit for MORE $$$$ ?????? am i missing something there

or should i just take my old one off and soak it in carb cleaner for few days and reassemble it and buy new gaskets ?
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new carb or rebuild

i just went the same route 34 bucks and instead of it reading nikki or whatever brand noki or something like that , its a chinese knockoff carb it seemed to work just fine until the engine locked up , but that is due to no oil , some how some way the oil that i put in last week disappeared , still cannot firgure that one out no drips and no smoke , i guess i will find out when i tear it down.

the reason i did it was i soaked the carb and then threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner and got it all back together and found that the throttle shaft was broken to begin with so for the money it was not worth fixing
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

in my situation the cart runs fine but when i bought it they said gas was getting in the oil witch it did a little but it quit smoking after i drove it home 4hr away on a trailer so im thinking the float was sticking ? and broke loose after the ride

so im wondering if i can just clean it up using the stuff sold at any parts store for carbs and let it sit for a few days and clean the jets ect.........or just buy the cheap carb since the kits are double the price
Old 03-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what can i tell you they are identical in every way other than the name stamped on it , they even match the mounting brackets it is not like some universal piece , it specfically fits the g16
Old 03-02-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Nobuckbuild ill purchace one with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fuel-Pum...ca0b98&vxp=mtr
Old 03-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you could but they are basically bullet proof no real need to replace it unless you know the diaphram is leaking , then its cheaper to buy the whole unit instead for the price you have nothing to lose.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha