lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 AM   #11
Stump
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Solenoid not clicking

Thanks ScottyB.

I'm going to put a 6" lift on it so I'm thinking of getting 4g cables and a HD switch. I don't have budget to make any changes to controller or motor right now. Would upgrading the cables and the F&R switch be worth it since I'm not changing the controller or motor? And if i do that should i also get a HD solenoid? Or should i just leave the cables and solenoid as they are and get a standard F&R switch? I will be using this mostly for riding some trails in my neighborhood, a little hunting, and also pulling a small trailer with kayaks on it down to a lake in my neighborhood.
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
Thanks ScottyB.

I'm going to put a 6" lift on it so I'm thinking of getting 4g cables and a HD switch. I don't have budget to make any changes to controller or motor right now. Would upgrading the cables and the F&R switch be worth it since I'm not changing the controller or motor? And if i do that should i also get a HD solenoid? Or should i just leave the cables and solenoid as they are and get a standard F&R switch? I will be using this mostly for riding some trails in my neighborhood, a little hunting, and also pulling a small trailer with kayaks on it down to a lake in my neighborhood.
If you change tire size and use from the intended golf application you will increase the motor workload. It will respond by drawing more amperage to produce more power. This is why the controller needs an upgrade. All this additional amperage flows from the battery pack to the motor through the solenoid, F&R switch, and ALL the cables in the cart. All of these components need upgrading as well.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 AM   #13
Kenski77
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
OK. took off and cleaned all connections on F&R. I have 38 volts on both sides of the MS2 microswitch when I press the pedal and the lever is in the front position. There is 38 volts on both sides of the same microswitch when in the rear position and pedal is NOT pressed. I have 38 volts on both sides of the MS4 microswitch when the lever is in the rear position and pedal is NOT pressed. I have 38 volts on the MS4 microswitch on the orange wire and no voltage on the other post when the lever is in the front position, but when I press the gas, it closes the circuit and there's 38 volts on the red wire on the microswitch. I have no idea...

I know this is a few years old, but today I lost all movement in my golf cart. No clicking in the solenoid. Used this great TS procedure along with a schematic and found the problem in less than 5 minutes. The red wire from the pedal box at the molex connector was broken. Than I touched the black one and it fell out. I was considering replacing the ITS due to hesitation. Well, it is all fixed now, no new ITS
Kenski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #14
towguy111@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Hi my friend has ezgo txt 48v sitting for 5 months he had his friend charging it every 30 days or so and now cart won't move and solenoid did not click he sent the out controller and it was bad he replaced it and solenoid with a new ones cart still won't move and solenoid does not click and battery pack is fully charged any ideas thank you
towguy111@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO