lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Icebyte2
Not Yet Wild

Default My golf cart bogs down

I just replaced the carb on my 1996 295cc Robins engine, the old one was shot.
I also adjusted the gap on the valves and now I have weak acceleration and bogs down at full throttle. I have made adjustments to both lean and rich fuel with no change. Any suggestions.
Icebyte2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My golf cart bogs down

How did you go about setting the valves? Sounds like you need to go at them again and check your compression as well as fuel flow to the carb.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My golf cart bogs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebyte2 View Post
I just replaced the carb on my 1996 295cc Robins engine, the old one was shot.
I also adjusted the gap on the valves and now I have weak acceleration and bogs down at full throttle. I have made adjustments to both lean and rich fuel with no change. Any suggestions.
Don't know how you adj'd the valves, but here is a way that will work with a stock cam, or pro stock cam, or top fuel cam, or any cam.
Rotate the engine (in direction of rotation obviously) till the intake just starts to CLOSE. At that point adj the exhaust valve on that cylinder. Then rotate till the exhaust valve just starts to open, and adj the intake on that cylinder. This will work on ANY 4 stroke engine, be it lawn mower, or stock car or race car. This is the way we adj'd the valves on the pro stock car, and the way I adj'd the valves on every engine I have ever built. If you do it this way the valve you are adj'ing is assured to be on the base circle.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO