lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Default Took Ez-Go on trade

Hey everyone, its been a little while since I been on here. I traded a $400 wood stove for what the guy said was a $1500. ez-go. Its a gas model. Serial G19039
man.code B2391. I guess this is a 91 model. Its in good shape and runs good. My ? is how should I mix the gas. He said the oiler was no good. Said he had the motor rebuilt a few months back. I really aint looked at to close nothing but rain here today. I'll get some pics today. Does the motor run forward and backwards on this model or does it have a tranny like my 94 Club Car. Also is the clutch different than my CC clutch. I went up the road last night and it felt like it had a 2 speed rear end in it. The CC has never done this and I have had 2 different clutches on it and its been cloned. The ez-go is all stock and probally going to stay that way unless it blows up. Are there any up grades I can do to the Ez-Go engine, tranny, rearend? Going downhill it surges pretty bad, Any adjustment on this, I have a tach im going to put on it. How much rpms does these little engines turn. Thanks again now im up to 5 carts, 3 run and 2 others with a little work. Fun Fun
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Took Ez-Go on trade

I do not know a lot about carts so take that into consideration. The 2 stroke carts run at 128:1 oil mixture. I think the synthetic oil is better than regular, because it does not build up in the exhaust and ports like the regular does. For a new motor I believe you are supposed to run something like 60:1 oil for break in. I have a friend who had a cart that he did a good bit of work to, some porting, and raised the CR, he ran 60:1 all the time without issue. Carts are built REALLY loose, so they can use very thin oil mixtures. My air cooled Corvair has a minimum piston clearance of .0015 and is a 3 7/16 bore. Cart pistons are WAY smaller and have a minimum .004 clearance, so that is a ton more, to allow them to not smell like burning oil on the golf course.
And since you have a 2 stroke, it does run in both directions. The 4 strokes have some sort of trans.
Your clutch should work the same as any other cart. Not sure why you have the feel of a 2 speed trans. Perhaps the clutch sheaths are worn and it sort of "jumps" at one point.
Anyway, you did good on your purchase. I paid $700 for mine and it is an 87 and needed some work, nothing major, but still needed work.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Took Ez-Go on trade

Oh, you can go to https://shop.ezgo.com/my-vehicle/ to get the exact year of your cart. I put in your serial number and it was not found, perhaps you did not post the correct number?
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO