lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
Kickinrocks
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 Marathon 244cc Engine Rebuild

Just out here f curiosity, where did you order the parts from?? I may be looking at a rebuild of my 88 marathon as well and cringe at what I may find. Is it a pretty straight forward tear down/rebuild? I just got it and would love to get it on the road.
Kickinrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #12
Kickinrocks
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Darn typos.. just out of curiosity is what I meant
Kickinrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #13
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I read in your other post that you only have 83 lbs compression, You might get away with just a set of rings. Or an oversized piston and bore the jug and have it running again. That would be the cheapest way out for ya........However;

It's not the best way in my opinion, Mine needed crank bearings so of course that's a total tear down. I could have re-used the jug & slug with it's 115 lbs compression but figured as long as I'm tearing into it to go all the way, It really didn't cost that much more and I'll sleep better knowing Everything (except the case) is brand new.

For yours, as long as you have it on the bench you'd want to at least replace the crank seals too. Then probably the bearings are worn so the new seals won't last very long, and, and, and LOL, See where I'm going with this?

Yes it is an easy tear down, You'll need a clutch & flywheel puller. I couldn't find access to a press so I knocked out the crank and bearings the old fashion way. But Shhhh *secret*, Don't tell anyone on here lol....I wasn't worried about hurting the crank as I knew I was replacing it anyway

I'm not sure of the rules here IF it's ok to post where I found the best deal or not so I'll PM ya, IF someone tells me it's ok then I'll be happy to post it up. I will say the complete kit cost me $337 to my door
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

My understanding is that you are only allowed to post links to site sponsors, but you might be allowed to mention other places.
Maybe a moderator will clarify that.

I think that https://www.golfcartking.com/ is pretty much right there on their prices.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #15
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
My understanding is that you are only allowed to post links to site sponsors, but you might be allowed to mention other places.
Maybe a moderator will clarify that.

I think that https://www.golfcartking.com/ is pretty much right there on their prices.
Yep they're pretty close, I looked over the sponsors and this place isn't listed so good thing I didn't post it
Old 06-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #16
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Looks like the parts are going to arrive one at a time, Today I got one exhaust and two intake gaskets. *Sigh*

It's showing another box on Monday, that'll be the reed valve gaskets. *Double sigh*

And today they said there's an extended delay on the crankshaft and piston from the rebuild kit, Won't be in til June 1st. *%$#@#$@%&*
Update;
The backorder delay just keeps getting longer, Now they're saying July 30. I'm not waiting that long and cancelled the order, Another place said to call back tomorrow as they may have it...If not I'm just going to replace the crank bearings/seals, Of course head and base gaskets. Guess I'll throw on a new set of rings too....

Do y'all think I should run a richer oil mixture for the first tank with new rings?
Old 06-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #17
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

I would definitely run it rich (air/fuel and oil mix) for the break in period.
Alex Faught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #18
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ok, Maybe double up at 64;1. Thanks
Old 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #19
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Update;
Just got a call, The rebuild kit is back in stock and on the way. WooHoo!! Should see it next week.

And I just dropped off the buggy yesterday at a friends body shop for a new paint job, Should get it back next week too. It's all starting to come together now, Finally!!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #20
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ok I've Finally got the rebuild kit in hand, Boy this new crank is sooo pretty. Almost hate to hide it inside the case lol, Reassembly begins today WooHoo!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO