lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: MOT-D2 motor not sitting flush on G29

Stoleno, thanks for pitching in! When you say “sent it” do you mean screwed it down? Or Tapped it with a mallet? Was it flush once you did whatever you did?

Thanks!

And Scotty thanks as always for all the help, A+ customer service!!
JakeJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #12
stoleno
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJones8 View Post
Stoleno, thanks for pitching in! When you say “sent it” do you mean screwed it down? Or Tapped it with a mallet? Was it flush once you did whatever you did?

Thanks!

And Scotty thanks as always for all the help, A+ customer service!!

Yea I repeatedly took it off an on thinking something was wrong... I checked the rubber gasket for an air pocket... maybe I used to much grease.. but I didn’t.. after a bunch of attempts I got it as close as it would go.. it was within an 1/8 of and inch.. I slowly tightened a bolt to check if it would close the gap and it did.. I rotated through each bolt tightening little bit at a time.. so it closed the gap evenly....I took it for a test drive to break the motor in and so far it runs great... now when they say make sure the motor is flush before you tighten.. yea that went out the window unfortunately... but it worked out fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stoleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #13
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Haha good to know, thanks! This is probably the route I will end up going once Scotty gets done with engineering at Admiral and gives me the thumbs up

Again thanks for your time and help!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So, after talking with engineering I encouraged Jake to line up the collar on the motor and carefully tap the collar onto the motor on his workbench. The fit was tight but good as confirmed by other members. A coat of light oil may improve the fit when installing this motor. my recommendation follows:

The D2 motor will slide on to within a 1/8 gap. Carefully start the mounting bolts & tap the case with a rubber mallet while pushing the motor on until the motor seats. Then tighten the bolts in sequence taking care not to over tighten them in the soft aluminum housing. Have a great day.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #15
JakeJones8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Just wanted to close out the topic with my final update. Long story short it is on and sitting flush and all working well. Why it isn’t easier who knows but if it was easy it wouldn’t be fun right!?

To get it on, I rubbed some oil on both the motor and mount and slid it on to the 1/8” from before. I was still nervous to use the screw down method so I used a truck tie down strap and wrapped around the back of the motor and left side of axel. I tightened it down as tight as I could which pulled it on a little closer on the mount. From there I let the screws pull it the last 1/16” or so and boom, it was on!

Thanks again everyone for your help!
Old 04-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for posting - the pull strap method is a good idea. Takes some strain off of the bolt pull method. This thread should help anybody looking for info on the D2 motor fit.
I will be looking at this again with my R&D model
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha