lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default No idol 81 G1

If anyone can help please do, today I took the carb off my 81 G1 and the reason is the throttle where it goes through the carb was so loose it wobbled almost 1/8 inch. The brass rind inside the hole after I removed the throttle was all wore on one side. I read on here one time that these can be changed over to a fiber type or plastic can someone tell me where to find them. Also here is the main problem, I know when the throttle wobbles like that you cant get it to idol right, so I took what was left of the brass insert out and took my dremel tool and made a hard plastic one and inserted it. Put the carb back together and there is absolutely no wobble at all but I still cant get it to idol. I have the cart on stands and when running I'll hold the gas pedal in one place and the engine speed will jump high to low and when you ride it it will shake your kidneys out jumping all over the place.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No idol 81 G1

I have the same issue with mine, I think that the surging of rpm's has something to do with an air leak. I am assuming it is my crank seals so I just got them today and will let ya know tomorrow if it fixes the issue.
trevor6409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thank you Treavor, does your G1 have good top end power? I have mine doing 31mph now with my gps in hand. It pulls hills with no problem at all. If you dont mind pedaling the gas pedal at low speeds then its fine but who wants to do that.
Thanks again
Calvin
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Thank you Treavor, does your G1 have good top end power? I have mine doing 31mph now with my gps in hand. It pulls hills with no problem at all. If you dont mind pedaling the gas pedal at low speeds then its fine but who wants to do that.
Thanks again
Calvin
Wow Calvin. That is the fastest stock G1 I've ever heard of. You better hang on to that cart.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ya once it gets up and going its fine, sometimes I have to play with the choke though to keep it going, its a hassle... You want to be carefull on a two stroke because if there is an air leak it will cause the engine to rev quicker and higher while ultimately using less lubrication.
trevor6409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Trevor you know I think you have something there my friend, I took the oil tank off my G1 and I mix the fuel. But I forgot to seal up the little tiny oil dispensing line that goes into the side of the carb. I'll shut off that little hole today and see what happens. Thanks Trevor I'll let you know what happens today.

Hey Spriddle how are you doing, I know I couldn't believe it either yesterday I even pulled over and turned my gps off then back on and tried it again and there it was 31mph. I dont know if this helped or not but I put on a new Plowmans belt because my other one was shredded. I also reamed out the carb inside too with my dremel I guess 2 or 3 thousanths and I took a piece of flat brass and made my own throttle flapper guess that is what its called the thing that turns inside the carb when you give it gas. I had to make it because after reaming the throat out the old one wouldn't fit. I'll post a pic of what it is after while. Do you know anyone that has some 10 inch wheels they might want to sell doesn't have to be anything special just 10 inch and tires also if they have them. That should make it go a little faster, I know I am going to have to lift it so I'll build my own lift for it only want about 3 or 4 inch and higher and I wont be able to get on it because of my legs.
Calvin
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Trevor you know I think you have something there my friend, I took the oil tank off my G1 and I mix the fuel. But I forgot to seal up the little tiny oil dispensing line that goes into the side of the carb. I'll shut off that little hole today and see what happens. Thanks Trevor I'll let you know what happens today.

Hey Spriddle how are you doing, I know I couldn't believe it either yesterday I even pulled over and turned my gps off then back on and tried it again and there it was 31mph. I dont know if this helped or not but I put on a new Plowmans belt because my other one was shredded. I also reamed out the carb inside too with my dremel I guess 2 or 3 thousanths and I took a piece of flat brass and made my own throttle flapper guess that is what its called the thing that turns inside the carb when you give it gas. I had to make it because after reaming the throat out the old one wouldn't fit. I'll post a pic of what it is after while. Do you know anyone that has some 10 inch wheels they might want to sell doesn't have to be anything special just 10 inch and tires also if they have them. That should make it go a little faster, I know I am going to have to lift it so I'll build my own lift for it only want about 3 or 4 inch and higher and I wont be able to get on it because of my legs.
Calvin
Umm.....wow Calvin, that is AMAZING what you did to the carb. Way2go buddy!!! Nice work! Definitely want to see pic's of that if possible. For the wheels, you can check out our forsale section, check with one of our vendors and just started a wanted thread in the forsale section for what your looking for.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Larger diameter wheels won't make you go faster. Larger diameter tires will increase top speed.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Larger diameter wheels won't make you go faster. Larger diameter tires will increase top speed.
I thought the wider you got the slower you got.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ahahaaha Spriddle I think you have something there I am definately wider and slower ahahahaa, here is a couple pics of the carb.

Ron I have a set of 8 inch wheels with looks like 23 inch tires on them off my old Yamaha 3 wheeler rear ones. They bolt right up but I have to make a lift for the rear I might try that tonight.
Thanks fellas for all your help.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sideview.JPG (51.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg throat.jpg (65.5 KB, 21 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha