lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Workhorse rear lift

Old street rodders used longer shackle plates, coupler nuts on the shocks to extend them.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Thanks Jon/Dooms,
Jon, did you use a plate on top of the spring?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Jon, did you use a plate on top of the spring?
No, not with the ubolts but I do when I use threaded rod.
I feel like i keep repeating myself here essness. maybe you should just use the spring replicators supplied in the allsports kit
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
No, not with the ubolts but I do when I use threaded rod.
I feel like i keep repeating myself here essness. maybe you should just use the spring replicators supplied in the allsports kit
Yea, you are, insecure about my ability, sorry And thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hey, Scot(t) The lift on the neigbors cart looks good And Your Wife's cart looks Good But if you can't leave well enough alone (I'm not one to talk) Then the only way I see to do it is the way Jon shows in the very first pic of this thread with the spring perches added .... Good luck....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

You have to add spring perch no matter which way you choose to bolt those down. If you go with the threaded rod and plate you will have to swap around the brake plates so the cable pulls come out on the bottom, again not a big deal and you get to inspect your brakes and hubs while doing that.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

So, finally broke into it and got the axel flipped. Ruredy is right, I worry too much. It was easy enough to do.

It's definately the right way to do it
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yep, the cart looks really good what about the ride? Can you feel a difference? The whole axle flip thing is not for the average weekend mechanic because of the need to relocate the axle perch. But it looked like your helper was set up for all of that and more When is the long travel goin on!?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yep, the cart looks really good what about the ride? Can you feel a difference? The whole axle flip thing is not for the average weekend mechanic because of the need to relocate the axle perch. But it looked like your helper was set up for all of that and more When is the long travel goin on!?
Soon enough. Need to make some room in the budget. I will start a thread called "Whoo hoo, UPS is comming today". I need to get it ready for the winter and the inevitable venture out on the ice.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Rather than hi-jack Scotty's old thread, I'll start this one.

One of the workhorses we bought last year turns out to be a "96". It does not have bottoming out stops but does have the centering pins.
Turns out the rear springs are shot. So, we are going to replace the springs, figure we might as well flip the axel.
Ruredy, On this configuration, do I need to cut the centering pins? Will I have length problems with the brake cables? I found the perches at Tractor Supply. What is thickness of the plate you used?

Thanks
I bought my first Workhorse a couple of weeks ago and have used the BGW forum to guide me in getting it up to where I want it,so first off I want to thank everyone here for such a great source of information!Now I have a question,my rearend has the welded plate like the one in the top photo and after I put an Ez-Go drop axle lift kit on it (4" lift I think) the engine /clutch assembly is tilted;I understand why it is that way after the rearend flip but I just wanted to be sure it won't hurt the engine running it this way (total lift including the leaf thickness,rearend tube & block is approx. 5" or so)or if I am missing another step in the lift job.Thanks for your input and keep up the great work!

Johnny
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO