lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 200? club car

This is what your engine up to 1999 should look like.

#18 is the ignitor and if you notice weedeaters or string trimmers use the same type of ignition and you can use an ignitor from one to test yours.
I have an ignitor from I think an Echo or Stihl brand (it was orange and white but can't remember brand) that I soldered a wire and alligator clip on to use for swap testing.
click on link,

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/engine2bw6.jpg/
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #22
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
This is what your engine up to 1999 should look like.

#18 is the ignitor and if you notice weedeaters or string trimmers use the same type of ignition and you can use an ignitor from one to test yours.
I have an ignitor from I think an Echo or Stihl brand (it was orange and white but can't remember brand) that I soldered a wire and alligator clip on to use for swap testing.
click on link,

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/engine2bw6.jpg/
ok so its behind the flywheel housing? do i need to remove the motor to get the flywheel houseing off??? btw thank you guys so much, I have been rackin my brain and my friends brains as to what could be wrong and how to find out whats wrong with it,and just kinda stumbled on this site.
Powersmokein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is one bolt which is a real PIA to get out but it is possible to do it in the cart.... but if you are setup to easily pull the motor .... do so
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #24
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There is one bolt which is a real PIA to get out but it is possible to do it in the cart.... but if you are setup to easily pull the motor .... do so
i wouldnt say eaisly cause i have never done it on 1 of these before but i have a system already in mind on jacking the rear of the golf cart up with my cherry picker,putting a floor jack under the engine droppin the bolts, taken the fuel and electrical loose and the rear brake and then ease it down altogether motor,transaxle and all. like I said though is what I need to get to under the flywheel housing,cover ?? and could I use a B&S 8hp snapper ridermowers coil to test/run the thing??
I was told the Kawi motor in this thing is the same one they use in the johndeere lawn mowers
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I wouldn't pull the motor just yet, have you determined that the ignitor is on the coil?
If it is under the shroud you can get it off but it's a pita due to a couple of the bolts being under the exhaust mounting bracket.
Might consider picking up a shop manual and doing some throne reading before ya start.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #26
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I wouldn't pull the motor just yet, have you determined that the ignitor is on the coil?
If it is under the shroud you can get it off but it's a pita due to a couple of the bolts being under the exhaust mounting bracket.
Might consider oicking up a shop manual and doing some throne reading before ya start.
evidently the igniter IS on the coil because i pulled the piece off that was behind the rev. limiter and all thats there is a little wire connection it looks like (looking at it upside down in a mirror with a stream light shineing on it)and then the wire goes back behind the fly wheel my guess is to the coil, although it looks like the little wire connection (the above mentioned connection that was located behind the rev. limiter) has a phillips head screw holding it to the block.by the way I already took the exhaust and exhaust mount off.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

started takein the bolts outta the flywheel cover.....PITA is not the best word to descirbe how FUBAR it really is.... how r u supposed to get the bolt out from under the starter mount??? u HAVE to take the starter loose/off as well??? and how do u get to the bolts on the bottom?? how many bolts r there???
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Starter comes off .... there are only 30 or 40 of them .......
The real question is how many of them are gonna be left over when you are done?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #29
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Starter comes off .... there are only 30 or 40 of them .......
The real question is how many of them are gonna be left over when you are done?
if theres 30 or 40 bolts then theres gonna be about 20 left when iam done
Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #30
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Bawahahaha!!!!
I was waiting for the "how many frick'in bolts are there" question.
It seems like a never ending string of them but you will get to the end of em, I'm pulling from old memory but I think it's 7 or 8 bolts and three skint knuckles worth.
You'll get it......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car