lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: newby's cart DOA , sell or rebuild ?

y'all hiring?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Not sure. Try running up to Hartsville and put in the papers. You never know. Not a bad company to work for , been here for 35 years. The Place " SONOCO "
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
NYinTEX
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

mechanic says he would put a 4.75 hp torque motor and a 400 amp controller.
he advised that even if i rebuilt , he would not recommend this cart for my hilly area because something else might blow down the line .
He recommendedh A. rebuilding with non upgraded parts ( he has a controller but no motor then sell to someone who lives in a less hilly area , and then buying a gas cart or B.fix it and it should be ok he seemed to think that is not the best idea as it will never be as good as a gas .

The Mechanic may consider a barter situation with my 1988 vt 1100 shadow motorcycle and blown up cart.
what to do????? ***

thanks
NYinTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your mechanic is nuts..... I would take an electric cart over a gas powered cart any day of the week and twice on Sundays......

Properly set up, an electric cart will have more torque than a gas cart any day of the week (Big Block gas carts not included in that statement).

Check out some of the sponsers here on the site, there are more powerful motors available than what he is trying to sell you (for about the same money) that you will be more than happy with.

Also, there was a mention of an AC system..... If you have the money, that would be the best solution of all.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
NYinTEX
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

great thanks ,
i have just had it sitting in the mechanics shop ever since.
i really dont know anything about how my cart works .

Also, there was a mention of an AC system..... If you have the money, that would be the best solution of all.

what is an AC system?

Regarding a replacement motor and controller Are there some minimum specs that i should tell this shop that my cart must have installed ?
i hope this shop is giving me accurate info.
NYinTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Get that thing out of the mechanics shop, you have plenty of people here who are willing to help you out and get your cart going again. If you have the willing to learn and want to get it going it will get going. There have been plenty of guys/gals who have come to BGW with no knowledge and have rebuilt there carts. Get some pics up of your cart, people are willing to help if you let them.. JMO. Good Luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO