lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 244cc 2 stroke questions

I had the same issue on my 86. I cleaned and cleaned and once again cleaned then I invested $100 in a new carburetter. You may have a 30 year old carb that is simply shot. My advice is cut your losses and buy a new one.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

Not what I wanted to hear, but Dave you are probably right. Thanks for everyones input on this thread.
shallomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WHHOA big fella
?????removed and inspected the fuel pump????
Lets touch that base again before spending money
that you may not need to.
The fuel pumps will crud up in the pulse chamber
and not pump well.
See a sticky in the Yamaha section about fuel pumps.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dooms great pics and a very useful post. I will put it to good use in the morning and post my findings. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

Well I pulled the fuel pump off this morning, I tore it down and cleaned every piece. put it back on. figured i will take the carb apart 1 more time. Cleaned all ports squirted carb cleaner through every opening in the carb. Put it back on and fired up the cart. Amazingly the darn thing took off and ran like a well oiled machine. Drove it down the road and back. The engine was running good
so I went passed my house to the other corner started to turn around then it died. Problem now is no spark to the plug. Ended up pushing it home I went through the wiring pulled off the electrical box and found a wire broke off. I do not know if that would effect the spark, but i know its not good. I give up for today, I start nites tonight so gotta slip in a napp. I am getting closer for this thing running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO