lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
dave1963
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default oil mix

Took off oil injector.Whats a good oil to mix with and what ratio 89 ezgo 2 cycle
dave1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: oil mix

Dang I had the same cart about a year ago and forgot what I used to mix Someone will be along shortly
I do know I ran Castor 2 stroke race oil and it ran great! Its a little expensive but I think its worth the extra couple bucks. Plus it smells good :)
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Pocono Country Boy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an early 89 with the PG2 motor before they changed over to the PG3 setup. Someone said the factory recommendation for that motor is 128:1 but that seems light to me. I have tried from 50:1 up to (or down to actually) 100:1 and settled on 100:1. I don't golf so mine is just a "cruiser" and I don't run less than 2 or 3 miles per ride (usually 5 or more). For short duration runs you may want to up it somewhat...IMO the shorter runs are way harder on the motor than long cruises (unless of course you are redlining it the whole time)

Runs like a champ. No Smoke. Clean sparkplug.

Your mileage may vary
Pocono Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
dave1963
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what brand off oil u use
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

There are as many opinions as there are guys on this forum. The manual states 128:1 which makes life easy as this equals 1 ounce per gallon. I use a marine grade oil as I figure that those outboards are general run wide open.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
dave1963
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have always been told that specific marine grade oil is never to be used in an air cooled motor. Marine oil is meant to run in cooler, water-cooled motors. Or so I was told.

I use an oil called Rejuvenate mixed at about 100:1. The Rejuvenate can be used in air or water cooled motors and I have noticed a huge difference in the performance of my boat and cart motors with this oil. The boat especially, used to shake and vibrate like crazy. Rejuvenate eliminated that completely.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

castors is some good stuff
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
seahunter
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguellich View Post
I have always been told that specific marine grade oil is never to be used in an air cooled motor. Marine oil is meant to run in cooler, water-cooled motors.
Yep, don't use outboard oil in an air cooled motor. Two very different combustion chamber temps and very different protection needs. I like yamalube 2S and Maxima in the cart. Evinrude XD 50 in the boat.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you recently rebuilt your motor they say to run it a little more 50:1, after that 128:1. Personally I run mine at 100:1, I use polaris VES gold synthetic oil (simply because I have like 3 gallons still for snowmobile use in the winter.)
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO