lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Default my G2 turned G9 hybrid

Been promising pictures for a while now, figured I better let everyone see what I started with!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.02.10 (10).jpg (113.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 10.02.10 (12).jpg (117.8 KB, 33 views)
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Default Re: my G2 turned G9 hybrid

Started with the 86 G2 in the previous picture, had some minor frame damage (battery tray rusted/cut away) and holes in the bodywork for some rather ill-fitting lights. In my searches for some better bodywork, I came across a 93 G9 parts cart. After confirming with a few of you that G2/G9 bodywork should interchange, I went and picked it up. Come to find out, not only was the bodywork better, but the frame was in better shape (still rusty, but battery tray still intact!) and it came with a top to boot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.24.10 (1).jpg (135.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 10.24.10 (2).jpg (84.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Now the new-to-me G9 had a weird solid axle conversion put in it, otherwise I would've just used the whole thing. Next thing I know I'm robbing the whole rear drive out of the G2 to put into the G9 (hence my "hybrid") and taking the old two to make one approach. The G2 drive consists of the original swingarm & axle, a slightly used 16 hp Vanguard v-twin, CPP cradle and drive pulley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.24.10 (9)-web.jpg (76.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 10.30.10 (2).jpg (109.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 10.02.10 (16).jpg (137.2 KB, 104 views)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Nice Aren't these things fun!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Cool Keep the pics coming!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Looks great! What is that axle and how did they use it? MC engine?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

I have no idea what the straight axle came out of, but it was kinda neat... It had a hub on the left side to lock or unlock the differential and a built in brake drum assembly. It was the beginning of a motorcycle engine powered driveline that never got finished. Probably would have been pretty cool, but I already had my driveline picked out. (and if it doesn't bolt on or requires welding, I'm pretty much outta luck!) I should be picking up an airbox tomorrow (thanks csason!) and I'll get some more pics of the slightly-less unfinished project
Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Looks great !
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotosean View Post
I have no idea what the straight axle came out of, but it was kinda neat... It had a hub on the left side to lock or unlock the differential and a built in brake drum assembly. It was the beginning of a motorcycle engine powered driveline that never got finished. Probably would have been pretty cool, but I already had my driveline picked out. (and if it doesn't bolt on or requires welding, I'm pretty much outta luck!) I should be picking up an airbox tomorrow (thanks csason!) and I'll get some more pics of the slightly-less unfinished project
I had a kawasaki 3 wheeler that had a setup like that, ran with one wheel till you needed it, then you twisted the end of the axle like a lockout hub on a 4x4 and you had both rear wheels driving then
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

It coulda been the same thing, it did look very ATV-ish! Sorry for the delay in progress pictures, been trying to find a way to get my intake and exhaust hooked up. Trying to use the airbox without having to get a lift kit, and the muffler I ordered ended up being round instead of the oval shown in the picture. Guess I'll pay more attention to the fine print next time...*grumble*
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha