lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
MandyB10
Not Yet Wild

Default Value of 1991 EzGo Marathon

SORRY...I accidently posted this under electric & we have a gas...

We have a 1991 EzGo Marathon that are thinking about selling & want to know what it's worth. We had it painted & re-did ALL the exterior on it last year!!! Even added a rear seat & windshield!!! Any input would be GREAT!!! We are located in central Illinois.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GolfCart.jpg (106.6 KB, 29 views)
MandyB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Value of 1991 EzGo Marathon

I'm right on the WI/IL Border (near Lake Geneva) and see a ton of older Marathons up for sale in the area (and I do a lot of looking as I'm sort of hooked on the hobby!) ...

A used Marathon in running and driving condition is generally going to actually SELL for between 350-500 (regardless of the "asking" price) unless it's really, REALLY clean, then you would have to figure in any mods, etc to get a rough idea of the resale value. Right now there are a ton of 4-stroke older Club Cars out there for $600-1200 asking price (especially around McHenry and Woodstock, for some reason), so that doesn't help when you're trying to sell an older metal-body cart.

If the cart runs perfectly and is relatively stock, looks nice, is complete, and has the extras yours does I would shoot high at $1500 or so to start, you can always go down but it's harder to go up - chances are you'll fend off a lot of $700-900 offers (especially if you list it on Craigslist) but if the cart is really nice you may get someone right away that hits closer to what you're asking. The appearance and driveability are going to be key, as the new windshield, etc really isn't a huge selling point to a buyer as there are a ton of carts out there dirt cheap that still have the original tops, windshields, etc.

Hope this helped - another thing to think about (depending on what you have into the cart financially) might be to invest $2-300 and an afternoon into installing a lift kit and set of bigger tires, that's always a BIG selling point (as it's generally one of the first things people do when they buy these older carts) and as a rule is an investment that more than pays for itself come selling time, or at least helps make up some of the loss you'll take on other mods like the windshield and backseat.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
onesnorkeler
Not Yet Wild

Hey Brew,

I live close to you and am looking for an inexpensive cart (just trans, that runs well). You said you saw carts all over the place for sale, where?

Please advise,

Onesnorkeler
onesnorkeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I noticed there are a few up around Rockford. However it seems those people don't know how to tell or what they have. One guy has a mid 90's advertised as a mid 80. and another guy has a pre 88 advertised as made in the mid 90's. But there were a few on craigs in that area and several in Madison. More than what you can find in central ILL
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
onesnorkeler
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much!

If you know of that post that was mid 80's that was actually mid 90's, would you forward it to onesnorkeler@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Larry
Old 03-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
ttdad1
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Where do you live? Im in Pontiac, let me know what you want for it . Im looking for a second cart.
ttdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
onesnorkeler
Not Yet Wild

I live in far northern IL (a mile south of the Wi border-Antioch).

I am looking at one tomorrow. First cart, what should I be looking for? What should I be cautious of? I just need trans around a flea market I am starting. A flatbed in the back could be of use????

Open to your thoughts and suggestions. Mechanically inclined, can tune up a car, not a fish (sorry, Billy Joel joke).

Thank you so much for your help!

Larry
Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Larry - I'll swing by today and try and get you a number, there's a Marathon right off of HY50 just outside of Lake Geneva that had a for sale sign on it for awhile and had been sitting under a tarp since the snow flew last fall (I'm assuming it's still for sale, just not sitting out due to the weather) - also, I do a show in Trevor (just north of you) every Sunday and there are a few carts in that area, I'll throw up a flyer at the bar and see what bites.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
onesnorkeler
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way we can trade phone numbers or e-mails? I tried to post it but it was taken off (I understand). You can use my tag at yahoo if it post this, then we can talk.

Larry
Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesnorkeler View Post
Thanks so much!

If you know of that post that was mid 80's that was actually mid 90's, would you forward it to onesnorkeler@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Larry
http://rockford.craigslist.org/rvs/2250308288.html

There ya go $900.00
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO