lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

Talking EZGo gasoline txt shuttle 2+2 no spark at all

Hi,
I just get a txt shuttle 2+2. no idea of the year.
The cart was in the back yeard of the house I rent and previous owner let it.
I tried to start it but nothing.
First I charged the battery, clean the wire connection and changed the started belt which was missing.

Now the starter turn but the engine did not start.

I removed the spark plug and checked the spark but it seems I have no spark . how I did: I remove the spark plug and stills connected onto the wire I approach a mass -but no spark.
There is 2 spark plugs on the top of the engine and no spark for both of them.

I disconnected the 2 small wires (neg and +) going to the back box where there is the spark plug cables and check the voltage while running the starter. voltage is around 7 to 8 volt.

not sure if my first trouble shooting is good and what I should do next?

please help because I am not an expert. more detail as possible is appreciated. a scheme will be even better.

Thanks for your help guys.

Emma

PS: not easy to be a grirl trying to trouble shoot an engine :)
emmafabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: EZGo gasoline txt shuttle 2+2 no spark at all

in the mean time I have tested the ignition coil.
at the electrical wire level I have a resitance of 3.4 Ohm.
but between sparkplug cable I have an open circuit (infinitum resitance)

I feel this is not normal.

can you confirm?

if i need to change the ignition coil it cost 150$ for genuine part. I read we can replace by HEI.
des it works on a 4 cycle/2 cylender engine? where to find that?

please to help
Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo gasoline txt shuttle 2+2 no spark at all

OK Emma, let's get this thing running. First of all I don't understand what this means.

I remove the spark plug and stills connected onto the wire I approach a mass -but no spark.

So what I would like you to do is to remove a spark plug and with the wire still connected rest the plug on the exhaust manifold or any other metal part of the engine. Now get someone to crank the engine while you look carefully at the plug. It would be good to do this in the dark or in deep shade. What do you see?

One of the most common problems with these carts is corrosion and if your cart has been outside for any period of time there will be corrosion which we need to clean up. So lift up the seat and look behind where the driver's legs would be. There you will find a metal plate to which is mounted the voltage regulator and the ignition module. On this plate you will see several black ground wires and these need to be removed and cleaned. Now have a look at the cable from the negative post of the battery to the frame and make sure that is clean. There should also be a strap to the engine. The engine end is kind of hard to get to but you need to make sure that is clean as well.
Try this and let us know what happens.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: EZGo gasoline txt shuttle 2+2 no spark at all

Hi Dave and others,
i tried what you said and it was I did before, no spark at all.
I cleaned all the ground contact and still nothing.

I tested the ignition coil resitance (ohm) and I have 3.6 Ohm between +and - wire and I Have 16kHom between the spark plug wires.

Not sure what to test next.

any help?

Emmafabre

Tags
i am dumb please help, no spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO