lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
LiL' rascal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3pg muffler

Yes. It's not worth it if you can salvage your muffler you have. I barbecued by putting in the fire for two hours let it cook all the unburned oil out of the muffler then repainted it and installed. runs a lot better
LiL' rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL' rascal View Post
Ok, great! I can fabricate from those pictures... thinking about that bracket... it's probably there to support the tube, without it, the tube would just break off after a while from the vibration...
sockethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
LiL' rascal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Probably doesn't have to be that extravagant. Just a support on the under side of the tail pipe would be plenty. I'm thinking of making mine even longer. I just put a windshield on and it's got a bad back draft. Lots of fumes swirling around! Just Something to think about.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL' rascal View Post
I'm thinking of making mine even longer. I just put a windshield on and it's got a bad back draft. Lots of fumes swirling around! Just Something to think about.
Yea I was thinking the same thing... I'm probably going to just use some electrical coduit as the first thing that comes to mind... for something that long though I might make it a two piece with a rubber gromet or metal sleeve connecting them like on two stroke dirt bikes.

With a pipe that long, the vibration will be extreemly amplified by the time it reaches the end of that pipe...
sockethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #15
LiL' rascal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ya, I was going to weld on a threaded pipe fitting and putting a peice of threaded pipe on the end so I can remove it if I need too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO