lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 front shock upgrade

Here is a set that will give you a softer ride and about a inch more hight and travel and there adjustable. They bolt right on without touching any stock parts all you will need is four 10 to 12 mm bushings and 2 washers on both sides of the shock to fill the wider space where the shock attachs. Cheap and they work. I am working on figuring something for the back. I am trying to soften the ride make it a little easier on my back. here is the front shocks, sorry if there not sponsors. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180671138088...84.m1438.l2649
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 front shock upgrade

I just bought a set, Thanks for the lead. I'll let you know how they turn out.
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Raises it just about 1 inch. its as much as you can go or the wheel has to much camber but they def soften up the front end.

I grabbed something for the back, decent price about 80 for the set. I dont really like them for me. they work great adding a inch but there kinda stiff for my likeing. If your a little heavier person or got a bed on the back or use it to tote things there perfect. Ill prob be selling them shortly soon as I find something softer. If you can fit the air shock with the resevior my problem would be fixed but they wont fit without hacking up some things on the drivers side.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
gscalifornia
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I need to raise the front end of my '84 G1 an inch or so to compensate for the rake from adding the rear ATV shocks. When I have four guys on it and you're driving across a field the front tires occasionally scrape in the fender wells.

I like the '70s look with the jacked up rear, so I don't really want to lift the front too much.

These shocks sound like what I need, but I'm worried about changing to a softer shock which may cause more wheel scraping. Any other low-buck ideas for me to consider?
gscalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yes i got some ideas. The shocks I listed have a 200kg spring weight which equates to 400lb or close to it, the shock is roughly 1 inch longer then stock. You can not fit anything longer with stock suspension. I am running my shocks on the softest setting but in your case those shocks might be fine with the dial set tighter BUT here is another option that could work, you may need bushing and spacers depending on which you go with. These shocks are 12 1/2 or 320mm but look at the spring weight its 220kg or about 440lb. if you shop around on ebay you may find even higher spring weight but i have to think 220kg dialed up to highest setting should be enough... but i really dont have the experiance with them to say for sure. Prob fine.. G/L Something like the ones in this link, i just picked one set (colors,spring weight, legnth) there are many if you search but no longer then 320mm on the front, seems to be plenty of room for the resevior on the front... the back is another story. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-5-8-320mm...eccc8e&vxp=mtr
Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have a set of adjustable rear shocks that will ADD a inch or so of lift. I bought 2 sets of differnt shocks with intentions of using the softer ride of the two. I have a set i had on the cart for about 2 weeks, there perfect, they will add 1 1/4 inches of lift and travel to the rear the shocks are 1 1/4 inches longer then the originals. They bolt right on, no spacers or sleaves. They will give about the same stiffness/ride as stock. I payed about 100 plus shipping. id like to get 40 each you pay shipping. shipping shouldnt be more then 10 bucks. If someone is intrested or wants more info write me. Ill try to get a pic of them today Paypal.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
jmills727
Not Yet Wild

ICE,

I am interested in the rear shocks. Couple questions...

I am in the process of putting on a Jakes 6 inch lift kit.

I am planning on making my g1 suitable for four people.

Will these rear shocks you have for sale along with front ones you recommended on ebay be suitable for carrying the weight of four adults without bottoming out or rubbing?
jmills727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I really dont know the answer with a lift kit. They mount perfectly right inplace of the stock shocks but add 1 1/4 inches of lift or travel and I feel the rears are good for 4 people or a dump bed etc. there stout but give a nicer ride then stock shocks. The fronts I run on the lightest setting and it handles 2 people no prob, considering the rear 2 people are over the rear shocks they prob would be ok but again i do not know how the lift kit works or how it affects the shocks. My g1 is not lifted except for what the shocks are adding. If you think you want them i will get a pic.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I think I am going to give them ebay shocks a try for the front I am just not sure what I am going to try for the rear.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills727 View Post
ICE,

I am interested in the rear shocks. Couple questions...

I am in the process of putting on a Jakes 6 inch lift kit.

I am planning on making my g1 suitable for four people.

Will these rear shocks you have for sale along with front ones you recommended on ebay be suitable for carrying the weight of four adults without bottoming out or rubbing?
They will work with your lift, however, you may end up with a 7.5" lift after it's all said and done. With 4 people it's going to sag a bit, and it will handle, well, like it has 4 people in it....but it shouldn't bottom out. I've had mine loaded up with 2 people and camping gear (in the utility bed) and it didn't bottom. My shocks are very similar, from a Suzuki atv.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha