lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another new EZGO - ST350/MPT1200/Cushman Commander

Scot, Thanks again, for the grunt work AND the Workhorse tips !!! (It's 2:30 and the first buddy of the day just trickled in, hahahaha)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

"They're so CUTE when they're little" ....

20130504_190900.jpg

Yep - the big, bad Daddy Workhorse has some definite "Growing Up" to do. The cab took a little longer than anticipated to liberate, DANG that's a solid piece - the rust bubbles I was a little worried about are basically nothing, it's solid through and through (which is GOOD, as I *think* I may have found a quite worthy home for it, LOL) ... The rest of the day was spent snapping several bolts that I had a feeling were going to be problematic, then a rethink and some time with the grinder saving the aggravation of going through the "Bolt Thing" again (I think it's a "safety glasses" thing, like once I have them on I feel obligated to cut, smooth, or clean up SOMETHING ELSE, etc etc) ...

At this juncture, the lift has been thrown around in my head too many times to admit, come Sunday night I'm literally going to toss a coin, heads it's pop the $ for the Long Travel, tails a simple 6" spindle lift (either way the tires WILL be the 23's).

NOW onto more questions for You guys, the long and the short is that right now, unloaded with noone on the cart it sits dead against the stops in the rear (IE zero suspension) which tells me that EZGO in all its' glory has become an industry leader with the most IDIOTIC Engineering team EVER, or I'm looking at a lift kit AND springs, right?

Second is the steering wheel "play" - on my Marathon I have about 3/4" each way before it engages, this one is about the same. After several Marathons I understand that's just the way it is, but on a post-2K cart, I'm thinking that's rather sloppy, especially if I lose (or win) the coin toss and end up going "Long Travel" suspension - any opinions or ideas?

Other than that, the body comes off the rest of the way tomorrow, very little needs to be done except there are some bubbles/surface rust on the sides that I need to get at and clean up (non-critical, already assessed) and the weatherstripping from the cab has rubbed a bit of the glaze etc off the cowl (which could have been averted had someone taken the time to adjust it correctly a few years ago, sheesh) ... I'm going to get a plan together to drop the rear end and clean up / repaint the axles, then work on the underside of the front end ... The frame itself is actually bordering on WAY clean after a good pressure washing, what few small flaws there are can be touched up IMHO - all in all I think I'm going to spend a LOT less time fixing and a little bit of time shining and she'll be just fine ...

(Then again I have been known to think WAY too much, hahahahaha)

When I asked Candy what she REALLY thought of the cart, she summed it up pretty well, she said "I'm really starting to like it, but it's a GUY cart" (first thing I thought is there goes the "New Cart for YOU, Honey" angle) and then she laughed, kissed me on the grimy forehead and said "I'll talk to You about it in 3 weeks when I see You again" (meaning she "Gets it" and I have the exec OK to disappear into "Cartdom" for awhile) - Life is good at the compound :)
Old 05-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
beater cart
Gone Wild

Looks like you have blinkers on that cart. And that is defiantly not a factory lifted mine has a drop axel in the front with there st spindles and yellow shocks. As for the steering play mine has almost a 1/2'' of play and looks as if I were to replace the bushing in the box would eliminate most of it.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #24
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Dale, you need to run over this way today and take my workhorse for a ride before you decide on the lift
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #25
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Dale, you need to run over this way today and take my workhorse for a ride before you decide on the lift

Ess when did YOU get a workhorse
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
Ess when did YOU get a workhorse
Sorry! Mules right, my wife wouldnt mind at all if you took her cart for a ride

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...yard-cart.html
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Ess, something tells me that would turn out to be a $700 trip, suspension-wise (and God knows how much the BB conversion would cost, LOL) ...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Ess, something tells me that would turn out to be a $700 trip, suspension-wise (and God knows how much the BB conversion would cost, LOL) ...
You're probly right
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #29
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Sorry! Mules right, my wife wouldnt mind at all if you took her cart for a ride

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...yard-cart.html

big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #30
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well, another day of messing with the new cart under the belt, had to replace the fuel pump and lines, popped the battery in and she fired right up - runs pretty good *if* You hold the choke in just the right sweet spot so today's plan is to pull the carb and clean it up ... The clutches are smooth and she seems to run out OK, hopefully a good carb scrubbing and setting the valves should get everything in order ...

NOW, a couple of "Noob" questions, LOL - first, I've watched a ton of videos on lifts, spring replacement, etc for the TXT (which should be identical to the Workhorse) BUT I've still not seen a rear end setup like mine - I'm guessing it's because I'm 2001.5 down and most of the vids are newer. MY rear end has axle tubes that bolt to the rear end, the flanges are flat on the front side on both and have 6 bolts. The reason I'm asking is (again) lift-related, I'm definitely going to have to replace the springs when I get into the lift so for budgetary reasons I'm likely going to have to go (temporarily) with a low $ lift with the goal of upgrading later in the season, once I get a few festivals under my belt and have a bit more liquid capital - I want to figure out what's the best "bang for the buck" as well as solid enough that I won't have to worry about it over the summer.

Secondly, does anyone have a spare set of armrests for TXT/Medalist/Workhorse laying around? The PO lost mine, and even though a new set is only $40 on the 'Bay I'd rather save a few bucks and possibly help someone get rid of "extra stuff" if possible ...

Lastly, anyone have opinions either way on the vinyl wrap? I saw a few different Carbon Fiber wraps that I really like the looks of (as well as the price, etc vs paint, again, right now is a bad time for me to be launching a big $ project) - I'm just concerned with the woods beating it up and scratching/tearing it, I have a ton of trails cut through the thick stuff and there are a lot of little brambles, etc that like to reach out and touch You from time to time ... Opinions?

Off for another 2ft of fuel line to redo a section from yeasterday that I cut a hair short, then to pull a carb and have some fun. I'm likely going to have to do the "quarter-turn" valve adjustment trick as my feeler gauges are packed away with a lot of my other tools due to the sale of the second house, hope I can get it right the first time, today's the last "cart day" for a few as I need to get organized for the busy season.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO