lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
zimbo
Not Yet Wild

Default 1979 G1 exhaust.

So I just got this G1 golf cart, and it has no exhaust and has sat for about 3 years. My question is can I use any type of 2 cycle exhaust and fab something up, or do I have to buy the 250+$ stock replacement. if I can use an alternative I'd love to see what other people have done.

Also where is the best place to buy parts for this thing? like carburetor's, ect?

It's my friends cart, he said it ran but it didn't run well when it was parked.

It could be the exhaust because it's a 2cycle or it may need a rebuild, I don't know yet but one way or another the exhaust issue needs to be dealt with before anything else.

All advice is welcome! lol
zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 1979 G1 exhaust.

Your best bet is to find a used G1 muffer/exhaust for it. I have one, although shipping might be expensive. You can use another exhaust, but it won't run well the way it is, you'll likely have to do some carb work, port changing etc. If you want it to run good like stock, just find a G1 muffler. Carbs can be rebuilt, but new ones can be found on ebay.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
zimbo
Not Yet Wild

I've been looking and I can't seem to find one, You're in Ohio? I'm in Kansas City. I could probably send to a money order or something if it's around like 50$ or so to ship.

Is it burned up? I saw on a post here that they can catch fire on the inside over time.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
zimbo
Not Yet Wild

Or you and my friend could meet somewhere close to you, he tows trailers and cars around the united states for money "the actual owner of the g1" you could meet him somewhere like a walmart or whatever ya'll got up there when he passes threw, up to you.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

No this muffler is from a running cart. It has some rust on it, but it's usable. I'd prob be looking for $50 for the muffler, plus shipping. I'd entertain meeting someone somewhere if it's relatively close to me.

Here's a link to a new muffler: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-G1-Ga...-/350567451524
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
zimbo
Not Yet Wild

How much would it be to ship you think? My friend has a tow to Elkhart IN. we're trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to ship or to come get it.

How far away is "relatively close" lol
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well I'm not spending $50 to make $50 LOL. Shipping is prob $40-60 if I had to guess. UPS doesn't ship by weight, as much as by size. If I make a box I'll have to charge for my time, prob another $15 with materials. I can get a rough measurement, what zip are you located?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #8
Agratz1983
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if the other guy bought muffler or not I was just wondering if you still have it I bought a g 1 somebody made one for and it doesn't run well at all so I am looking for one I'm in Ohio and if available could make arrangements to get it I have a friend that drives truck and is in that area at least once a week
Agratz1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

No but I have a whole G1 for sale

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...dpas-cart.html
Old 03-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Don't you think a compression test is in order here guys?
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha