lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reman Engines

YOU Can easily rebuild that stock engine just clean up that crank with some acid and then emory cloth then take and get a rebuild kit for 300 that comes with rods pistons , most of these don't need to be bored because the rings take most of the wear. most times if the cross hatch is good you just clean up the cylinder with some emory cloth or a real light hone just to rough it up a little for the rings to seat
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can do a complete clone swap for $600 - $700 if you can do some of the bracket fabrication yourself.

Definately worth the upgrade over the stock engine. Besides, once the conversion is done. a Complete engine is in the $300-$400 range if you ever need another.

Hop-Up parts are plentiful to begin with.

I hear stories almost weekly of people who rebuilt the stock engine only to have it fail in a matter of months.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #13
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I vouch for a clone swap but, I'm not trying to spend other peoples money.
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #14
BigBlueIron
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update, over the weekend I got it running!!

Friday I called a local ezgo shop that I had never been to but I can tell you I will be back! One of those good ole boys that's been doing it for 30 years kinda places which are always the best.

Well any way I bought a used piston and rod from him for $50, I already had my engine completely tore down, it was very nasty inside and out lots and lots of cleaning, the cylinders definitely showed some wear mainly on the thrust side but still had cross hatch, I did a light hone job just to break any glaze and just make me feel a little better.

Took rings off of old and replacement piston cleaned the grooves reinstalled existing rings hoping that with being cleaned and my fresh hone job things should work well.

The crank was in horrible condition but with some time and emery cloth and some Mary Kate on and off boat hull cleaner which contains hydrochloric acid, I got that bad journal back into acceptable condition.

Reassembly went fairly smooth just a lot of cleaning and checking my work I reused all gaskets just spent time cleaning them up and a nice coat of copper spray for the head and exhaust gaskets and a little silicone for the rest.

I did not dissemble the valves from the head but they looked ok after I got all the carbon off, I did have to extract a broken exhaust bolt, I used new bolts going back together.

Got everything back in yesterday evening hit the pedal and after it got fuel to the carb it fired right up! I drove it around on and off for about an hour **** thing hauls ***! not what I would call powerful but it does ok the PO had messed with the linkage and I think I will tone it down some its almost impossible to cruise at slow speed its either all or nothing and when you get back into the gas it pops out the exhaust. I think checking the valves again is on the list after it has broke in a little.

All in all I'm pleased so far not saying it won't blow tomorrow but I doubt it. Plus it only cost me $75 total $50 for piston and rod and the rest for brake clean! A lot of time but not much money.
BigBlueIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO