lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Bam nothing

I have a 1987 EZGO and it's been rebuilt in the last year. I was using it in the pits at my sons last MX race and I wheeled up to the camper to help him put his bike away and the cart was running fine. Locked up the brake bailed out, came back nothing. Won't even turn over. I know I should go through the chain of electronics but we race again this weekend and with work and the triple digit heat I was hoping there was a common failure that many of you may have had that I could start with. Jump this or bypass that to get me by for a day or 2. After this weekend I have a month to tinker with the old gal.
felber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bam nothing

Okay so from the battery I have power through the key switch, and the microswitch that the accelerator engages and back to the solenoid. I have voltage into it with a smaller spade wire. My questiong is shouldn't the voltage be showing on the similar sized post beside it if it's working properly? I can't get it to jump which I though was odd. Man it's hot out.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
felber61
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well new solenoid put on...had it just in case. Nothing. Can anyone tell me how the F/R switch plays into all of this? I know in the past if I jiggled the F/R switch slightly sometimes that would be the difference between go or no go but it's not even trying now. Also what are the relays that sit directly below the solenoid? I've come to a halt and am hoping for one of you to guide me from here. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
jeffrun
Gone Wild

jumper across the two large terminals on start solenoid, if motor does not crank, its brushes in s/g, or f/r switch contacts, or a poor battery ground connection. On my 86 i tightend the hex nut on back of f/r switch and it helped with the f/r switch making contact.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
redcloud
Gone Wild

Check frame ground.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
aforrester
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem I had power to the solenoid but as soon as the pedal was pressed I would loose it... Corrosion at the ring terminal on the incoming side of the solenoid was the culprit make sure to check for voltage at the solenoid posts and not the terminal ends of the battery cables... Not sure if this is your problem but its what I found on mine
aforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
aforrester
Not Yet Wild

Also make sure to check with the pedal pressed to put the electrical system under a load
aforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

My cause was corrosion on the cable side of the battery lug. The battery itself looked good, but there was corrosion crawling up the cable where you couldn't see it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO